Bluesjam's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Monday, May 9th, 2011 5:39 PM

Airport Extreme & RG?

I just signed up for U-verse TV, phone and internet this past Saturday.  I’ve been on the fence a couple of months and finally signed up.  Currently I have ATT DSL split between a secured firebox for my wife’s laptop from work and I also have a Airport Extreme that my desktop windows computer is tied to, my HP wireless printer, 2 Apple TV2’s, my ipad and an iPhone.  I want to keep the Airport Extreme setup as it is as printing from the iPhone, ipad and computer works great.  My Apple TV’s work well also.  I know that AT&T will install a residential gateway modem.  I’m assuming that it will also have wireless capabilities.  I really don’t need a 3rd wireless network in my house.  Can it be configured to NOT have wireless without causing a problem with the TV or phone service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, you can just turn off the WAP in the UV RG in this link once you're installed (set to Disable the Wireless Interface, and Save):

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

You can keep everything plugged into the APE and continue to use it for your WAP.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

For some reason this solution has worked for years for me, now yesterday (5/2/2012) the Airport Extreme and Gateway decided to not work!  Configuration on niether changed, the DNS just seemed to bail - pings timeout and if they work have an extremely high latency?

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

@cwall64 wrote:

For some reason this solution has worked for years for me, now yesterday (5/2/2012) the Airport Extreme and Gateway decided to not work!  Configuration on niether changed, the DNS just seemed to bail - pings timeout and if they work have an extremely high latency?

Did you re-boot both ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.