Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 9, 2011
10:39:59 AM
View profile
Airport Extreme & RG?

I just signed up for U-verse TV, phone and internet this past Saturday.  I’ve been on the fence a couple of months and finally signed up.  Currently I have ATT DSL split between a secured firebox for my wife’s laptop from work and I also have a Airport Extreme that my desktop windows computer is tied to, my HP wireless printer, 2 Apple TV2’s, my ipad and an iPhone.  I want to keep the Airport Extreme setup as it is as printing from the iPhone, ipad and computer works great.  My Apple TV’s work well also.  I know that AT&T will install a residential gateway modem.  I’m assuming that it will also have wireless capabilities.  I really don’t need a 3rd wireless network in my house.  Can it be configured to NOT have wireless without causing a problem with the TV or phone service?

I just signed up for U-verse TV, phone and internet this past Saturday.  I’ve been on the fence a couple of months and finally signed up.  Currently I have ATT DSL split between a secured firebox for my wife’s laptop from work and I also have a Airport Extreme that my desktop windows computer is tied to, my HP wireless printer, 2 Apple TV2’s, my ipad and an iPhone.  I want to keep the Airport Extreme setup as it is as printing from the iPhone, ipad and computer works great.  My Apple TV’s work well also.  I know that AT&T will install a residential gateway modem.  I’m assuming that it will also have wireless capabilities.  I really don’t need a 3rd wireless network in my house.  Can it be configured to NOT have wireless without causing a problem with the TV or phone service?

Accepted Solution

Airport Extreme & RG?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 9, 2011 10:46:40 AM
(0)
Expert

Yes, you can just turn off the WAP in the UV RG in this link once you're installed (set to Disable the Wireless Interface, and Save):

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

You can keep everything plugged into the APE and continue to use it for your WAP.

Yes, you can just turn off the WAP in the UV RG in this link once you're installed (set to Disable the Wireless Interface, and Save):

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

You can keep everything plugged into the APE and continue to use it for your WAP.

Re: Airport Extreme & RG?

2 of 4 (1,642 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 6:34:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

For some reason this solution has worked for years for me, now yesterday (5/2/2012) the Airport Extreme and Gateway decided to not work!  Configuration on niether changed, the DNS just seemed to bail - pings timeout and if they work have an extremely high latency?

For some reason this solution has worked for years for me, now yesterday (5/2/2012) the Airport Extreme and Gateway decided to not work!  Configuration on niether changed, the DNS just seemed to bail - pings timeout and if they work have an extremely high latency?

3 of 4 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2012 9:01:13 AM
(0)
Master

cwall64 wrote:

Did you re-boot both ?

cwall64 wrote:

Did you re-boot both ?

4 of 4 (1,223 Views)