Helpful Links

Adding Wireless Access Point to the 2Wire

Teacher

Adding Wireless Access Point to the 2Wire

The range that I get from my 2wire as well as the wireless speed has been pretty bad (I get 24Mbps all day wired lucky if I get 11Mbps standing right next to the box wireless.) I'd like to try adding a Belkin router with the router fuction turned off and have the 2Wire stay as the DHCP server and just use the Belkin as a WAP.  Is this possible?  I'm thinking I'd just turn off wireless on the 2Wire and disable all routing fucntions on the belkin.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Adding Wireless Access Point to the 2Wire

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Employee

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Teacher

maybe i am missing something but I don't want an additonal router just a WAP

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Expert

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Employee

Your initial comment " I'd like to try adding a Belkin router with the router fuction turned off" link provided, then state you don't want an additional router?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Teacher

Right, I wanted to use it as a WAP no router functionality.  DHCP server would still be the 2Wire box

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to find a Consumer Wireless Router than a Wireless Access Point.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support