AT&T remote access to routers?

Mentor

AT&T remote access to routers?

Hi,

2Wire router firmaware was recently upgraded (GUI is different) and there has never been an option for me to do so. Also AT&T has reset our router while on the phone with my before. This makes me wonder...

Does AT&T have remote access to UVerse/DSL routers?

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Expert

Re: AT&T remote access to routers?

Yes, all AT&T U-Verse routers are tied into their management system. The management system has full control over each router.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

I thought so.

Anyone is security conscious should install a router behind their 2Wire.

Message 3 of 6
Employee

The 2WIRE gateway won't bridge, so adding another router could potentially have negative impacts on your internet browsing speed. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Mentor

After installing a Linksys WRT54GL router behind a 2Wire i138HG everything worked but the latency (ping) was so high and internet so slow that couldn't use this method.

Message 5 of 6
Mentor

Adding to this. Port 7547 is always open on a NVG589. Probably a backdoor in for ATT.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support