Ratzkiwatzki's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, October 6th, 2016 1:49 PM

5G WiFi Network Not Showing Up

Our 5G wifi network is suddenly not showing up.  Modem is a Pace 5268AC. The 2.4 G network works but the 5G network has disappeared.  Any ideas?

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Have you tried to reboot the Pace?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, rebooted. Still no 5G network.

ACE - Guru

• 

986 Messages

7 years ago

Go into your router setup and check to see if for some strange reason the 5G radio has been disabled.

Also, I assume you are using the same device as before to check for the 5G network as not all devices have 5G capability.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Setup says "5GHz Wi-Fi Enabled." 1 device active. 2 inactive.  None our devices can see the 5G network.

And yes, same devices.  Same modem.

Employee

• 

69 Messages

7 years ago

are the names different from each other. like wifi and wifi 5g for example?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, networks are different. 5G network has 5G at the end of the name.  And yes, on the WiFi page the 5G network now has the same name as the 2.4G network.  But why would that be?  There was no factory reset.  

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

That worked.  Thanks. But it's ridiculous that the default makes the 5G network invisible.  Wha'ts the point.

Any idea how it got reset in the first place?

Thanks again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had the same problem and followed your instructions! Worked like a charm!!! Thank you for sharing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i cant get on the internet

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

@Ratzkiwatzki

"That worked.  Thanks. But it's ridiculous that the default makes the 5G network invisible.  Wha'ts the point.

Any idea how it got reset in the first place?"

It's technically not invisible. By default the 2 networks have the same SSID and password. When a device with 5GHz connects the RG gives said device 5GHz, when it goes out of range, it is given the 2.4GHz. When you split the networks you are in control of what device is on what network at any given time.

I have been on quite a few repairs the past couple of weeks for "internet not working" where the SSID and password had simply reverted back to the default and their devices were simply just still trying to connect to their custom SSIDs. All of these were on the 5268 RG.

My guess is that they took the band steering update and it reverted the SSID back to default.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.