05-08-2014 6:57 AM
I found this:
1. Activate DMZPlus on the 5031NV.
2. Reboot the appliance/firewall
3. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, unchecked Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.
4. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I checked everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.
5. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I unchecked NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.
6. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I uncheckedUncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).
"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution. This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"
05-23-2014 4:33 PM
Does anyone know how to properly configure the Cascaded Router feature on the 5031NV gateway. I would like to set up my PfSense firewall behind the 5031 with my 5 static IP's behind my firewall.
Did you ever figure out how to do this? Seems like I see a lot of posts about how Cascaded Router is supposed to solve the ridiculous issue with ATT when mapping multiple static IP addresses through a corporate firewall (you mean you actually want to use the 5 static IP addresses you are paying for?), but I haven't seen a post from anyone who has done it.
It isn't as simple as just selecting the Cascaded Router option. And it isn't just about turning off all firewall protection in the 5031NV. I have tried both of those things. The issue is being able to map multiple IP addresses to a DMZ or LAN on the other side of a corporate router that is behind the ATT router. The corporate router needs to be able to do the mapping of the static IP address to its internal IP addresses otherwise it will be impossible to failover to another source if ATT goes down.
It blows my mind that this is a business product and that ATT simply chooses to ignore the obvious problem that virtually all businesses need to solve.
Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!