For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
davhamm's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 7:12 PM

5031NV need more wired connections

I use to have DSL, several months ago I switched to Uverse, and got a 5031nv gateway. I have about 6 devices that I need a hardwire connection for. I can't remember my DSL setup but I think my modem had 4 ports and my wifi router was plugged into one of them. Not like that matters. 

So I have a media link (MWN-wapr150N) wireless router, I went into the 5031 settings and found the router, and changed the firewall to allow all applications (DMZplus - mode). I then rebooted the router. All looks like I think I need (or not). When I go to Firewall I see the router and it has a public IP address... 

But I don't think I did what I want. Cause I want that router and all things attached to be on my network with all the devices attached to the 5301. right now my computer can not see the router or anything on it. Running win 7 on on pc (wireless) and win 8 on the main pc that is hardwired to the 5301. (Currently using the wireless of the 5301. 

I have clearly gone beyond my knowledge level... HELP.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

You've set your router up as a router which, as you have found out, segments the devices behind it from the devices directly connected to the PACE 5031.

You could connect your router up as if it were an Access Point.  That will be post 13 in this thread that BeeBeeSA just mentioned.  The Cliff Notes version:

1) Connect a LAN port of your router instead of the WAN port

2) Turn off its ability to provide IP addresses via  DHCP (letting the RG do it)

3) Remove the DMZplus setup from the RG for it.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Since the 5031 is fairly new take a look at this thread and pick thru it to see if it might guide you in the right direction: http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755/highlight/true#M182

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.