Explore & discover

Helpful Links

3801HGV

Explorer

3801HGV

I have a Pace 3801HGV residential gateway for Uverse Internet and TV.  It has worked well for very many years and I'm not experiencing any problems, but I'm wondering if I should request a new gateway.  I would like to have faster Wi-Fi but since things are working fine now I'm not sure if it's worth changing.  Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bizbuyer
‎10-14-2018 6:12 AM

Re: 3801HGV

Would definitely recommend upgrading the 3801 to a newer unit.

The 3801 is a 2.4Ghz b/g wireless with (4) 10/100 ethernet ports.

Expect will receive either 5268, 599 or 210-700 as replacement. All are dual 2.4Ghz b/g/n and 5Ghz n/ac wireless with (4) 10/100/1000 ethernet ports for both faster speed wireless and wired between home devices.

The 3801 is single pair, your on either a 32M profile with 24/3 as best internet or 25M profile with 18/1.5 as best internet.

The question is how is service being received? GREEN data port being used on back of gateway means easy swap, could request replacement to be direct ship.

If connection is using the RED port will need a tech service call to replace the ONT as well as gateway.

If neither the GREEN or RED port is being used, you are on coax with a diplexer and will need a tech service call to rewire installing cat5e run from NID to gateway location.

Starts by calling 800.288.2020 and request gateway upgrade.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Explorer

Re: 3801HGV

Thanks, my thoughts for....ummmm....your thoughts.  I figured that I could probably benefit from getting a new unit.  I appreciate your recommendation and information for analyzing my current configuration.

I currently get 24/3 and use the GREEN data port, so I'll call the number that you provided and try to do it via direct ship.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support