Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 3:07 PM

3801 Firmware Upgrade - Support for Higher BItloading Frequencies?

I noticed in my gateway under "Diagnostics" and "DSL" that the bitloading graph in the 2wire menu has gotten A LOT longer. It's now showing up to the number "4096." I don't really know how to read it but, I compared the numbers at the bottom to the frequency numbers in U-verse realtime and it then showed that 4096 = about 17.6ish MHz. Can the gateways really support higher frequencies now or is just this "Fluff" to make it seem like it can but, it cannot?

My gateway only seems to go up to "1932" in the 2wire bitloading graph and  is around the max of the graph on U-verse Realtime which is 8.4 MHz.

I also could probably be going crazy and it's actually like that on older firmware too :/.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

My 3800 goes all the way to 4096 now on the old firmware, so guess it's not new.  1913  actual tones, 8260Mhz on Realtime. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Ah, thank you. Was hoping someone would check this for me. Guess I'm just going insane :P. Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.