Explore & discover

Helpful Links

2wire Port Forwarding Issue (Minecraft)

Contributor

2wire Port Forwarding Issue (Minecraft)

I just switched to AT&T recently. I'm just port forwarding a Minecraft server, but for some reason it won't work.

I've had AT&T before (couple years ago), so I remember the process. I even checked online on how to do it.

Restarted the router, restarted the computer, checked the firewall advanced settings, made sure multiple times that the port was correct on both.. I checked on www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports for 25565, under my public IP. It said that the port was open. When I go to connect though the MC client, I keep getting a "Connection refused: no further information."

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, please let me know if I'm in the wrong topic.. I am new to AT&T's forums. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: 2wire Port Forwarding Issue (Minecraft)

@TheLukeNuke   Did you add it as a new user defined application?   Then added it to the list?

On this page:   http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_3_1a

Then go back to the application list page and choose your user defined app and ADD it to Hosted Applications.  Clilck Allow Individual Applications, then Save.  Will need the system password.

If done all of this, do you have anything blocking it outbound? Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

@TheLukeNuke, If an port-checking tool declared it open, then it's probably open.

When you tried running the Minecraft client against it, were you in your home network still?  If so, the public address won't work because the AT&T gateway will not do NAT loopback for you; you have to use the private address in your network.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Yes, I was in the same network. I went onto my laptop, hooked to my phone hotspot's network, and it worked. Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support