2wire 3801hgv with airport extreme in bridge mode wireless dropping

Teacher

2wire 3801hgv with airport extreme in bridge mode wireless dropping

Hello,

I have an Airport Extreme set in bridge mode.  My uverse TV is downstairs and plugged into Ethernet at the wall that goes to my switch in the closet. The RG is located in the game room.  There is an Ethernet line from the outside that plugs into the RG.  My Airport Exreme is also in the game room and connect to my home network on another port.  My Airport Extreme WAN port connects to an Ethernet port on the RG.  Wired connection work fine.  My problem is with wifi.  It works well and then stops working.  I'm still connected to wifi but cannot get any Internet connection.  The 15 minutes later or an hour later I'm able to surf again.  It's driving me crazy.  I can't set the AE to DMZ plus mode because my TV is not in the same room and needs to be connected directly to the RG.  

Has anyone else experience this?  Why would I be fine on wifi and then have an issue.  I had the 3800hgv before and had the same issue.  Is it possibly my AE that is the culprit.  Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Mark

Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
Master

Re: 2wire 3801hgv with airport extreme in bridge mode wireless dropping

As Jeff has stated that is your problem and you need a switch that is p compliant to handle the STB the minute you break the chain with one that is not your problems began.

Are any of the switches you have now 802.1p ? 

If so you could route one ethernet cable from it to your STB and another to your AEBS.

Message 16 of 17
Teacher

Re: 2wire 3801hgv with airport extreme in bridge mode wireless dropping

By switching the lan segment from the AEBS to the RG, the wireless has not had any issues.  That was the problem.  Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
Message 17 of 17
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support