BlockHeadVincent's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 21st, 2012 6:03 AM

2Wire 3600HGV in "Bridge" mode and trying to communicate on Port 68 (bootp)

Hello Everyone,

I trying to figure out some connection issues I have been having with some online games.

Currently I have AT&T U'Verse Service with a 2Wire 3600HGV modem with Voice Service.

I have it currently setup in "Bridge" mode (Not true bridge mode as there is no such thing for this Modem) with a Modified Linksys E3000 Router with dd-wrt flashed to it.

During my Firewall Log Monitoring Sessions I noticed that the 2Wire Gateway tries to open a session with my network on Port 68 (bootp typically), and naturally my firewall prevent the connection on this port.

Does anyone know why the 2Wire Gateway would be trying to do connect to my internal network on port 68?

Any information would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

This will be DHCP renewal for your E3000. DHCP responses are on UDP port 68.

You need to allow this in the firewall so that the E3000 can continue to re-verify the public IP address via DHCP with the 2Wire.

The relevant command to properly open the firewall on DD-WRT for DHCP renewal can be found here:

http://www.comprepairgurus.com/att-u-verse2wire-gateway-and-dd-wrt-router-in-dmz-mode/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Nice,

Worked perfectly, someone really needs to gather up all these little tid bits of info.

I probably spent about 3 to 4 hours trying to figure this out alone.

Thanks again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.