02-19-2013 9:06 AM
I recently got AT&T Uverse. The 2Wire 3600HGV signal is weak and fluctuates to my upstairs wireless PC. Just before I got U-Verse I purchased the Netgear N600( WNDR3700)Wireless Dual Band router. I want to use it for all my wired PCs and my 2 wireless devices instead of the U-Verse 2Wire 3600HGV. What do I need to do? One the wireless devices I can already see the Netgear router and the 2-wire because I have a CAT-5 cable running from the 2Wire 3600HGV to the Netgear router. Do I need to disable anything in the 2Wire 3600HGV, before I can use the Netgear for all my devices?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-19-2013 9:11 AM
Copied and pasted from another post:
1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP. This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.
2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces.
3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.
4. Log into the 2Wire router's interface. Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
5. Select your router under section (1).
6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2).
7. Click the Save button.
8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address. At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP.
9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration
10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.
11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.
12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.
13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).
14. Click Save.
"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution. This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!