Explore & discover

Helpful Links

2.4 G not working, 5 G fine

Contributor

2.4 G not working, 5 G fine

After some storms and rebooting of my router all devices that can access the 5G are working fine.  Both of my printers cannot utilize the 5G.  Unfortunately the 2.4 G network is not discoverable by those devices and if I manually enter in the SSID and password it still does not connect because it can't find the network.  When I go to my wi-fi configuration page both are enabled:

User Network 

Enable                                              Enabled                         

SSID Broadcast                               Enabled                         

Wi-Fi Security                                  Enabled                         

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by thompmet
‎07-23-2017 12:00 PM

Re: 2.4 G not working, 5 G fine

Access your gateway through your browser (192.168.1.254) and see if the 2.4 wive is still enabled?  If it somehow got turned off turn it on again?

Try rebooting the gateway (pull plug for about 15 secs.) and see if that clears the problem.

You could perform a factory reset of the gateway (push little red button on the back) and reboot it.  Any settings you made to the gateway will of course be lost.

You could also call tech support and have them look at your gateway settings from their end.  Perhaps you may end up having to get a replacement gateway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: 2.4 G not working, 5 G fine

didnt think rebooting router would work since it had rebooted jut before the problem arose.  after restarting 2.4 G i rebooted router and everything came back

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support