• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 9th, 2013 6:30 PM

what are the updates in Eudora for att email

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you SO much - I have Eudora 7 and use an sbcglobal.net address and this helped my problems so much.

I did the SSL a bit differently. I right clicked on the personality, clicked properties > send (smtp) > Last SSL info - then openned every plus sign until I saw one that had, not a happy face, but a skull and crossbones.  I selected this one, clicked add to trusted. Then repeated with the send email (POP)

When you go to  click "Last SSL Info" you  need to click every plus sign to open all the levels. I saw happy faces and thought I was ok until I realized I needed to click the plus signs - then I got to the skull and crossbones.

Also, I had to click ok to everything and then close Eudora and restart it for the changes to take effect

Thanks again - I thought I was the only person who still loves Eudora!

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

This thread got Eudora working again for me! I had been having this problem with incoming mail since mid-June, 2015. By manually adding the certificates as trusted, as described above, I was a resolving the problem as it occurred.  But, around the third week of December, 2015 I encountered a new problem. I could no longer send!

Eudora would not let me add a certificate for outgoing mail; it would tell me I had not sent anything with SSL for the current session. If I went over to the inbound tab, it indicated a problem, but when I would drill down through the certificates I could never get to one with a skull!

Well, I concluded it was finally the end of Eudora if I could not send mail. I investigated other email clients and decided on Postbox, a derivative of Thunderbird. I installed it, found that it would send mail, so I bought the paid version. **READ ON**

OK, so a couple days later, Postbox would not send anymore!  What!?

So, I ended up on this forum and this thread discussing the alternate servers. So, I went back into Eudora and changed my SMTP server to: smtp.mail.yahoo.com. After doing so I found that I could now send mail again in Eudora! I made the same change in Postbox and could now send from that client as well. I just left the pop server setting at: pop.att.yahoo.com.

Another thing I found was that once I was able to send again in Eudora, I received a certificate error from a Bitdefender certificate. I was able to add that certificate for incoming mail successfully.

So, is the alternate SMTP server the final solution? I saw another thread that stated that ATT was working on some problems related to sending email, so who knows. In the end, since I went to all the trouble, and paid for Postbox, I am going to stick with that. As much as I loved Eudora, it is certainly not current technology, and the more I get used to Postbox I love the 3 column format on a wide screen monitor. Hopefully, this information helps someone else.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

None of the suggested solutions works for me.  I quit Eudora when I switched to predominant use of a Mac rather than my PC except for archived E-mails.  It is very embittering to see such good technology abandoned by Qualcomm which evidently has no more regard for its software users than its American employees.   As a non-IT person it is even more frustrating that E-mail is obstructed by the parade of certificates and technical mysteries that have plagued Eudora users.  There needs to be far more competition and internet access than that which enables this dysfunction.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.