Protect yourself online
geogheganjk's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, October 19th, 2013 12:14 AM

uverse email address

I just signed up for uverse. Do i need a new email address or will my charter.net address work. How do I get a new one if needed?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

geogheganjk - If you need a new account now, go for a gmail acct. All it will cost you is a few minutes time. It's always good to have an extra one. I believe I have six - two gmail, an apple, an sbcglobal & two att.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Chances are Charter will drop your email address once you cancel your service.  When you activate your new U-verse it will ask you to set up a new email address with AT&T.  Remember that will be your log in to all of your AT&T dealings.  On-line pay, everything. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

when i try to activate it keeps asking for user ID and add att.net. it wont accept
my used ID

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

geogheganjk - To add to BeeBee's comments -

You must get an att e-mail acct because it is your ID for all u-verse activities. But, you do not have to use it for your daily activities.

You are going to lose continuity with your old Charter address. Both your messages & all those places you use it for ID. Take action now to prevent that from happening again.

Open a Google GMAIL acct or any other non-ISP free account like apple.

From that account download all your existing stuff from Charter (for continuity).

Set the new att account to forward any mail to it (so you do not miss anything)

Use the address as ID for your various accounts, except u-verse (with confidence that you will be keeping it when you next change ISP)

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Geogheganjk,

Just checking up on your post. I noticed Beebeesa and Aviewer offered some very helpful advice with creating a U-verse MemberID. Were you able to complete the registeration and make a new att.net email account? I found a helpful document here that has a step-by-step screenshot based solution that can assist with completing this task. Let us know if you run into any other road-blocks and we'll be glad to assist. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My equipment will be installed 10/30. I would like to inform people ahead of
time that I will have a new email address as of 10/31. How can I do that if I do
not know what my email address will be? That is what I need to know.

Thanks
geogheganjk

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

geogheganjk - You just provided another reason for opening a non-isp e-mail account - get the ID now. I suggested getting it now so you could transfer your existing stuff. BUt, you can start using it right away.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

That is what this is all about. I can not get through those steps.
I got what is called user ID but no @???.net

geogheganjk
[edited for privacy]

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

geogheganjk - You did that On what site? That should say what the extension is.

Send an e-mail to your id @att.net to see if it fails.

You also, need a password. You could sign-on to att mail with your password - trying possible extensions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

MyATT. Mail returned as Not Our Customer!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.