Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: updating AT&T/Yahoo Mail version

Tutor

updating AT&T/Yahoo Mail version

Have received two emails supposedly from AT&T and Yahoo saying I need to verify my AT&T Mail account. Do not want to click on link because I'm suspicious of phishing and other scams. Are these real or bogus.

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Can you log into your account? That's verification enough.  No one is going to send you email requesting it. Is phishing.  Trash it.  

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks, that is what I believe initially, but concern is always raise when two emails come within a few days of each other. Why do I keep getting these.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Bat2018
‎04-04-2019 8:42 AM

Lots of spam/phishing emails come in multiples.  It's either from single spammers who just keep trying to use their same lists of email addresses or multiple spammers since such lists are passed around or sold. 

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

My emails are coming in under TRASH

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support