Explore & discover

Helpful Links

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

Tutor

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Tags (1)
Message 26 of 90

Re: sbcglobal.net email login

what your describing seems like you are merging your sbcglobal back with yahoo again? 

(or did i read this wrong?) 

and they just had this massive issue last year with unmerging yahoo/att linked accounts.  that was mayhem 

Message 46 of 90

also going to start att net lets me login with sbcglobal but email is not allowed to be checked!  

when i click on the mail envelope it will go back to the login loops again 

34DC162D-E58C-48DB-8056-5D667FE94F57.jpeg

Message 47 of 90
Teacher

@dakprescott4mvp   and @27vdd53

I too have had sbcglobal.net email for many years. I don't recall hearing anything about un-merging with Yahoo. I have never had much of a problem until last week.

As far as  I can tell Yahoo has handled Internet hosting and email for many companies  for several years now.

Please follow my instructions on the bottom of page 3 of this forum thread, starting with going to https://login.yahoo.com/manage_account .

You have to click the Add box and add your email. Let us all know if  this works for you. It worked perfectly for me and my email started flowing in right away.

Message 48 of 90

OK — around this time last year att and yahoo accounts had to be unlinked/unmerged, and it was primarily a yahoo issue.  this time around it looks like its on the att end. — with similar things/screens happening, but i am fine w/ yahoo and sbc is the issue (as for many) 

last time the fix was just a test of time.  many of us had to wait 2-3 months for them to be unmerged.  there was no password change, adding accts to this or that, secret screens, nothing. 

YEARS and years ago if you were sbcglobal or similar you were able to merge it with your yahoo account (because they were the “same” company) — all emails to @ sbcglobal and @ yahoo went to the same inbox

then as of last year they got rid of that.  only yahoo went to yahoo and sbc went back to att.  and eventually 2 seperate logins

(that is some background information) 

Message 49 of 90
Teacher

Oh, I never knew that as I never actually use my Yahoo email account and so
I did not merge them.

DeaneG
Message 50 of 90
Contributor

ChrisZ -

This post was made back in May. The problem discussed is still happening to me. I used to be able to work around the Yahoo mail loop, but for two weeks now, I cannot log into my "sbcglobal.net" email because it sends me to a screen where it asks me to reset my password. I have done this multiple times, to no avail.  I chatted with a customer service rep last Saturday, and she assured me they were upgrading a server, and she gave me her word it would be working within a couple of hours.  I called again today, and the guy just gave me information that made no sense at all and I knew it wasn't right, and then he disconnected me.  I am frantic about not being able to access the email account I've had for probably close to 20 years!  It seems so strange to me that nobody in your company is able to help me.  

Message 51 of 90
Teacher

You are correct that their "tech help" is useless. After finally getting my email working on Nov 12 it worked perfectly for one day and then went down all day today.

Spoke with 3 different people at 3 different numbers (all with East Indian accents) who were of no help at all. I was getting a server timeout all day. Tonight after 6pm the server came backup and is now loading my messages that I missed all day. Come on AT&T, lets have some real customer service!

Message 52 of 90
Teacher

Sorry but this does not work.  It re-directs you to the att/yahoo page which in turn directs you to att.com to change your password.  No matter how many times you change your password you can never get out of the loop.

Message 53 of 90
Teacher

Please always show the actual link used when you state "this" does not work.

Otherwise no one can troubleshoot the problem you are having!
Message 54 of 90
Teacher

I was responding to this post that already had a link in the thread which suggested we try. Way to deflect from the fact that ATT has yet to resolve the login issue.
Message 55 of 90
Teacher

Update Nov 19 2018:  My email worked perfectly for one and a half days. 2 days ago it would not accept my login but I refused to change my password because I know it is correct. Sure enough, on Saturday morning  the password was accepted! Worked fine until Sunday afternoon.

Today a new variation of the problem is occurring:  I get a timeout on my primary account on both incoming and outgoing servers... but my secondary account (with identical password) works fine on the same servers! Explain that one ATT! 

And once again my webmail works fine. It even signs me in automatically!

I think someone is playing with us SBCGLOBAL users to drive us to abandon local email programs (Outlook for me) and use the Webmail page!  

Message 56 of 90
Teacher

HA!  I posted the above at the time shown (which is 9:44 Pacific time). Fourteen minutes later my email suddenly started working!!

Coincidence? 

Message 57 of 90
Contributor

I've tried that and it says my security answers do not match my email id.

Message 58 of 90
Teacher

Wow, I thought the same thing about driving us to abandon our accounts.
Message 59 of 90
Contributor

Hi,

I'm not able to log into my sbcglobal.net account. It has been a few months since I logged in but it is saying that my password is incorrect. I have the password written down so I know it is correct. When I attempted to reset it only offered me the option to answer security questions that I set 15 years ago. Help! Did I lose my account? How can i get back in?

Thank you

Message 60 of 90
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support