Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: sbcglobal.net email login

Tutor

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Tags (1)
Message 26 of 101
Teacher

Yay! Glad this fix worked. It can be so frustrating.
Message 76 of 101
Contributor

I’m having  the same problem since 1/26/19, have no access to my email sbc global account, I went to reset password, but the email to reset the my password is going to my sbc global email, so there is no way to  change my passwordSmiley Sad, very frustrating.

Message 77 of 101
Teacher

You have to call them to reset the password. Try 1- 877-285-0144.
Message 78 of 101
Contributor

Your solution didn't work for me to help me retrieve my sbcglobal.net email account. I clicked on your link for "Forget Password." I selected "Password." I entered my sbcglobal.net email address -- I don't have an AT&T address - and my last name. Then I got a message directing me to call an 800 number I have called at least six times in the last two days, with customer reps who have not been able to help me. Some never even heard of sbcglobal.net. or that it was supposed to be part of AT&T. No solution at all.

Message 79 of 101
Teacher

Actually that is not the solution I used. I called 1- 877-285-0144 and told them I was locked out of my account. Didn't specify what type. Gave them my email address and they gave me a temporary password and walked me through getting back in via att.com and att.net. Hope you will be able to get back in. It really is frustrating it took me almost two months to get a solution.
Message 80 of 101
Teacher

Solved my problem last week in a unique way.  Too bad people will find this solution buried way down on page 6 of 80 messages!

However, it probably only applies to a few with my unique situation. For about a month my Outlook email (using sbcglobal.net address) was highly intermittent.

It would work for a day or two then would get error messages when trying to load new mail. Most of the time these would be Timeout errors but sometimes it would be claiming that my security method (SSL) was unknown to their server (not true). I have an older PC running Vista op system and Outlook 2007. But I am also running AVG virus detection which also includes web and email protection. I went into the setup (gear symbol) of AVG and permanently shut off the email component. (Otherwise it will come back on after a reboot.) 

To my delight my email has been running perfectly for over a week now. So try shutting off any protection programs for email if you are getting random errors in your email program.  One of the hints here is that I could always get into the web mail  so I began to think the problem was  local.

Best of luck.

Message 81 of 101
Contributor

Thank you for the phone number 1- 877-285-0144 !!! I could recover my sbcglobal email address !!!

Message 82 of 101
Contributor

Me too this is so frustrating grrrrr! 

Message 83 of 101
Contributor

AT&T resolved this issue for me. Call AT&T and tell them you need help accessing your AT&T email...NOT your sbcglobal acct. AT&T owns sbcglobal now. They should be able to get you back in your email. Mine is fine now.
Message 84 of 101
Contributor

Thank you !
I can receive and send sbcglobal emails now.
Message 85 of 101
Contributor

I am so happy that I can use my sbcglobal account again. Thank you !
Message 86 of 101
Contributor

I called 800-285-0144, as suggested in a couple of the answers on the forum. I was basically told I was out of luck. I wont tell you what I said, but I then asked for a supervisor. The supervisor told me that I needed a 3 digit code that would have been on my SWB bills listed after my landline number. I haven't had a land line in 15 years. They asked me if I had an old bill. Once again, I will spare you from my reply. Long story short, he said there was no way to tell if I was who I really said, so he told me to go to an ATT store & tell them to look up my old landline number to get the code. He said they could verify from drivers license. Of course everyone at ATT stores are usually kids, so nobody had even heard of SW Bell. Luckily with the direction of a mature gentleman that was with another Customer, she was able to get me a temp password, to change it, & get back in my email.I was also locked out of my laptop, even though I never had that email on my laptop. Apparently when I purchased my laptop, since the email I was using was the sbcglobal email, it also locked me out of my laptop. 
Thanks ATT for another outstanding job & awesome Customer service...……...NOT

Message 87 of 101
Contributor

I have several services with AT&T so it must’ve made it easier for me. Glad your back in biz! Smiley Happy
Message 88 of 101
Contributor

I'M TRYING TO LOGIN TO SBCGLOBAL.NET EMAIL PLEASE HELP ME NOW

Message 89 of 101
Highlighted
Teacher

This is a useless post. NO detail whatsoever!  How do you expect anyone to troubleshoot your problem with no information?
Wake up people!
Message 90 of 101
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support