For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
27vdd53's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 12:15 AM

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry but this does not work.  It re-directs you to the att/yahoo page which in turn directs you to att.com to change your password.  No matter how many times you change your password you can never get out of the loop.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Please always show the actual link used when you state "this" does not work.

Otherwise no one can troubleshoot the problem you are having!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I was responding to this post that already had a link in the thread which suggested we try. Way to deflect from the fact that ATT has yet to resolve the login issue.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Update Nov 19 2018:  My email worked perfectly for one and a half days. 2 days ago it would not accept my login but I refused to change my password because I know it is correct. Sure enough, on Saturday morning  the password was accepted! Worked fine until Sunday afternoon.

Today a new variation of the problem is occurring:  I get a timeout on my primary account on both incoming and outgoing servers... but my secondary account (with identical password) works fine on the same servers! Explain that one ATT! 

And once again my webmail works fine. It even signs me in automatically!

I think someone is playing with us SBCGLOBAL users to drive us to abandon local email programs (Outlook for me) and use the Webmail page!  

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

HA!  I posted the above at the time shown (which is 9:44 Pacific time). Fourteen minutes later my email suddenly started working!!

Coincidence? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I've tried that and it says my security answers do not match my email id.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Wow, I thought the same thing about driving us to abandon our accounts.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

I'm not able to log into my sbcglobal.net account. It has been a few months since I logged in but it is saying that my password is incorrect. I have the password written down so I know it is correct. When I attempted to reset it only offered me the option to answer security questions that I set 15 years ago. Help! Did I lose my account? How can i get back in?

Thank you

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@megsmurph    It is possible someone attempted to get into your account and ATT/Yahoo shut access off due to too many bad login attempts.  I recently looked at my spam folder and among the junk I found a scam attempt email in which the scammer told me my password!  However this was an old password that I had used years ago. He also told me how it was obtained through a router fault. I have not used that router in about 4 years. So I am guessing he bought my password on the dark web and it has been for sale for several years. This was a bit scary.  Now back to your problem:

I was able to change my password despite failing my security questions (no idea why, there could only be one answer for me). Look at the choices carefully when it asks you how to verify your account ownership. Do NOT choose "security questions". There was another option, something like "Recieve a phone call."

I was able to get a temporary password by phone and then update my password.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I don't believe that it was a hacking attempt. I can log in via Outlook using a "key". I just can no longer login on the att.net or Yahoo page. It sends me to the att.com change password page every time even if I changed the password. I have changed the password at least 4 times, two of which were initiated by att customer service via the phone. Not sure why it keeps looping back, but I have the Outlook work around for now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.