Need to update email settings?
27vdd53's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 12:15 AM

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Sbcglobal.net emails have been involved in data breach. Emails and passwords have been compromised and posted online for free and for sale. Change any and all passwords to ensure any other accounts you have do not become compromised. I am a secirity resesrcher and posting this comment to advise you. 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

ok so the same thing is happening please read all my requests and messages

cant login to sbcglobal.net it is being redirected to yahoo and nothing you do there matters or works

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@dakprescott4mvp  and anyone else having this problem: My sbcglobal.net (also a former ATT company) stopped working last Sunday. It took me 4 days but this is how I fixed it. This will probably work for you if you have any ATT based email that is associated with Yahoo.

Go to the ATT/Yahoo email Manage Account  page ( https://login.yahoo.com/manage_account ) and had to ADD my  account (or secondary account). Apparently Yahoo had dropped both of my accounts from their list without telling me. Thanks Yahoo!  Not!  After adding my  account  I had to log in to it. The password for the main account did not work so I  asked for a new password. If your security questions fail for some reason (mine did too) go back and have them send you a new password. They should offer to send it by phone if your main account is being added as they realize you don't have email yet. Think of yourself as a new customer. They sent me a temporary password by phone and then I logged in and changed to my desired password. You may have to click to  approve the Yahoo terms of Service if this is your primary account. 

Now my email works perfectly and is fast with no errors when it goes out to receive both primary and secondary accounts. Fast because it does not timeout any more. It also displays 75% while reading in the messages, just like it used to.

Once again this is how I fixed my sbcglobal.net email account. Other ATT/Yahoo based accounts probably work the same way.

I sincerely hope that these messages will help someone else who is having the same problem. The key takeaway is that you have to ADD all your accounts to the ATT/Yahoo page as Yahoo seems to have forgotten them. Or maybe this has been done so that you Approve their Terms of Service. Don't really know.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

what your describing seems like you are merging your sbcglobal back with yahoo again? 

(or did i read this wrong?) 

and they just had this massive issue last year with unmerging yahoo/att linked accounts.  that was mayhem 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

also going to start att net lets me login with sbcglobal but email is not allowed to be checked!  

when i click on the mail envelope it will go back to the login loops again 

34DC162D-E58C-48DB-8056-5D667FE94F57.jpeg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@dakprescott4mvp   and @27vdd53

I too have had sbcglobal.net email for many years. I don't recall hearing anything about un-merging with Yahoo. I have never had much of a problem until last week.

As far as  I can tell Yahoo has handled Internet hosting and email for many companies  for several years now.

Please follow my instructions on the bottom of page 3 of this forum thread, starting with going to https://login.yahoo.com/manage_account .

You have to click the Add box and add your email. Let us all know if  this works for you. It worked perfectly for me and my email started flowing in right away.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

OK — around this time last year att and yahoo accounts had to be unlinked/unmerged, and it was primarily a yahoo issue.  this time around it looks like its on the att end. — with similar things/screens happening, but i am fine w/ yahoo and sbc is the issue (as for many) 

last time the fix was just a test of time.  many of us had to wait 2-3 months for them to be unmerged.  there was no password change, adding accts to this or that, secret screens, nothing. 

YEARS and years ago if you were sbcglobal or similar you were able to merge it with your yahoo account (because they were the “same” company) — all emails to @ sbcglobal and @ yahoo went to the same inbox

then as of last year they got rid of that.  only yahoo went to yahoo and sbc went back to att.  and eventually 2 seperate logins

(that is some background information) 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Oh, I never knew that as I never actually use my Yahoo email account and so
I did not merge them.

DeaneG

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ChrisZ -

This post was made back in May. The problem discussed is still happening to me. I used to be able to work around the Yahoo mail loop, but for two weeks now, I cannot log into my "sbcglobal.net" email because it sends me to a screen where it asks me to reset my password. I have done this multiple times, to no avail.  I chatted with a customer service rep last Saturday, and she assured me they were upgrading a server, and she gave me her word it would be working within a couple of hours.  I called again today, and the guy just gave me information that made no sense at all and I knew it wasn't right, and then he disconnected me.  I am frantic about not being able to access the email account I've had for probably close to 20 years!  It seems so strange to me that nobody in your company is able to help me.  

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

You are correct that their "tech help" is useless. After finally getting my email working on Nov 12 it worked perfectly for one day and then went down all day today.

Spoke with 3 different people at 3 different numbers (all with East Indian accents) who were of no help at all. I was getting a server timeout all day. Tonight after 6pm the server came backup and is now loading my messages that I missed all day. Come on AT&T, lets have some real customer service!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.