Explore & discover

Helpful Links

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

Tutor

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Tags (1)
Message 26 of 90
Contributor

Re: sbcglobal.net email login

I followed this procedure and could not answer one of the security question so I cannot reset my password. 

Message 31 of 90
Highlighted
Tutor

Trying to logon to my e mail cefeller@sbcglobal.net

Message 32 of 90
Tutor

Message 33 of 90
Tutor

I am 82  I taught my self on computer so tell me what you want so I can get back my email   cefeller@sbcglobal.net

I live alone my wife passed away 23 months ago after 60 years marriage. I do not care what you do to get it back just

try. Thanks,Carl Feller

Message 34 of 90
Tutor

I am 82 I taught my self on computer so tell me what you want so I can get back my email        cefeller@sbcglobal.net

I live alone my wife passed away 23 months ago after 60 years marriage. I do not care what you do to get it back just

try. Thanks, Carl Feller

Message 35 of 90

I have a Snet.net legacy account and found a post with a number to call.  I called it (1-877-353-1761 and keep hitting 0 until you get a person) and they were able to unlock my account and I was able to get back into my email account! So thankful and HAPPY!  They said they locked accounts due to a potential security / hacking issue. No advance notice and no easy way for legacy / free email users to find what number to call to get back in. So glad I came upon the post with this information on what number to call!

Message 36 of 90

Try this: I called 1-877-353-1761 and keat hitting 0 until you get a person.  They were able to unlock my account and I was able to get back into my email account! So thankful and HAPPY!  They said they locked accounts due to a potential security / hacking issue. No advance notice and no easy way for legacy / free email users to find what number to call to get back in. So glad I came upon the post with this information on what number to call!

Message 37 of 90

I called 1-877-353-1761 and keat hitting 0 until you get a person.  They were able to unlock my account and I was able to get back into my email account! So thankful and HAPPY!  They said they locked accounts due to a potential security / hacking issue. No advance notice and no easy way for legacy / free email users to find what number to call to get back in. So glad I came upon the post with this information on what number to call!

Message 38 of 90

Call 1-877-353-1761 and keep hitting 0 until you get a person.  They were able to unlock my account and I was able to get back into my email account! So thankful and HAPPY!  They said they locked accounts due to a potential security / hacking issue. No advance notice and no easy way for legacy / free email users to find what number to call to get back in. So glad I came upon the post with this information on what number to call!

Message 39 of 90
Contributor

Me too

Message 40 of 90

Dear Administrator:  I doubt that these steps help. Respectfully, I think what you’re missing is that lots of us are not AT&T customers and do not have AT&T accounts. These are “free” legacy email accounts from which users got locked out of; they need to speak to someone to unlock their accounts and get back in. It would be helpful if AT&T would publish a number upfront for these circumstances.  It’s very frustrating not to be able to access new incoming emails. Thank you.

Message 41 of 90
Teacher

Today is Nov 8 and my SBCglobal email has been down for days.  This morning I fixed it. What I think is happening is that Yahoo has changed something which has caused them to forget the registration of some, but not all, SBCglobal email accounts. Here is what I did that worked:

1. Go to website https://start.att.net/
  2. On top of the menu at the left click on Mail.
  3. Normally if everything is OK this will bring you to your email-on-the-web page. If not you will see a Yahoo screen so do the following:
  4. Click on Add Account and enter your full sbcglobal email address. Continue with the prompts and enter your email password.
  5. If you have forgot your password, click on Forgot Password and enter a new one (use mix of upper and lower case and numbers). Continue with prompts.
  6. Go into your email client such as Outlook and in Tools menu go to Account Setting, click Change and put in the new password.
  7. Close the change box and click Send/Receive. Your email should now work.

Message 42 of 90
Contributor

Sbcglobal.net emails have been involved in data breach. Emails and passwords have been compromised and posted online for free and for sale. Change any and all passwords to ensure any other accounts you have do not become compromised. I am a secirity resesrcher and posting this comment to advise you. 

Message 43 of 90

ok so the same thing is happening please read all my requests and messages

cant login to sbcglobal.net it is being redirected to yahoo and nothing you do there matters or works

Message 44 of 90
Teacher

@dakprescott4mvp  and anyone else having this problem: My sbcglobal.net (also a former ATT company) stopped working last Sunday. It took me 4 days but this is how I fixed it. This will probably work for you if you have any ATT based email that is associated with Yahoo.

Go to the ATT/Yahoo email Manage Account  page ( https://login.yahoo.com/manage_account ) and had to ADD my  account (or secondary account). Apparently Yahoo had dropped both of my accounts from their list without telling me. Thanks Yahoo!  Not!  After adding my  account  I had to log in to it. The password for the main account did not work so I  asked for a new password. If your security questions fail for some reason (mine did too) go back and have them send you a new password. They should offer to send it by phone if your main account is being added as they realize you don't have email yet. Think of yourself as a new customer. They sent me a temporary password by phone and then I logged in and changed to my desired password. You may have to click to  approve the Yahoo terms of Service if this is your primary account. 

Now my email works perfectly and is fast with no errors when it goes out to receive both primary and secondary accounts. Fast because it does not timeout any more. It also displays 75% while reading in the messages, just like it used to.

Once again this is how I fixed my sbcglobal.net email account. Other ATT/Yahoo based accounts probably work the same way.

I sincerely hope that these messages will help someone else who is having the same problem. The key takeaway is that you have to ADD all your accounts to the ATT/Yahoo page as Yahoo seems to have forgotten them. Or maybe this has been done so that you Approve their Terms of Service. Don't really know.

Message 45 of 90
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support