Explore & discover

Helpful Links

setting up att.net in Outlook/Office 365

Highlighted
Contributor

setting up att.net in Outlook/Office 365

I had my att.net account set up in Outlook/Office 365.  Over the past week, I kept getting pop up screen asking me to confirm password, etc.

Finally, I deleted the account and have tried to re-set it up.  No luck.

I used the automatic way - no luck

I used IMAP using imap.mail.att.net     993    Yes    smtp.mail.att.net    465     -  no luck

Tried IMAP using imap.mail.yahoo.com   993   Yes   amtp.mail.yahoo.com    465   - no luck

The error message states:

The connection to the incoming (IMAP) server was dropped.  Please check the incoming (IMAP) server settings and try again.

Appreciate any and all assistance.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Thetealady53
‎08-17-2018 1:42 PM

Re: setting up att.net in Outlook/Office 365

So you have a legacy account (sbcglobal.net, etc.)?

Have you tried using a secure mail key in place of the password in your client?  Read this.

You may have some other setting wrong (password authentication method perhaps?).

Go here for a description on how to set up outlook.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Some suggestion there worked?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@anonymous why did you mark post 3 as a solution. I unflagged it.

Update:

Come to think of it you are not the creator of this thread so how did you flag it in the first place? Man Surprised

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support