For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Mamacat104's profile

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

Saturday, May 17th, 2014 6:57 PM

set up email account in att

I have another email and want to have the emails come into my ATT email... I have everything set up on the other email address... enabled Pop...  and set it up to leave copy in that email...

I enter the information needed in ATT and it WILL NOT work.. I got it to bring the email in ONCE and ONLY ONCE... 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ATT EMAIL ACCOUNT...  WHY IS IT NOT WORKING...??????

I CONTINUALLY ENTER THE PASSWORD.. SAVE IT AND NOTHING IS WORKING...  IF I GO BACK IN.. THE PASSWORD I ENTERED IN GONE.. 

HOW CAN I GET THIS DARN THING WORKING...

THANKS

BARBARA

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Mamacat104 

"I have another email and want to have the emails come into my ATT email..."

Are you asking about email forwarding? You should be able to simply enable forwarding under settings (settings of the account you want to forward from to att.net).

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

No,  I can forward it, but I don't want the emails going into my inbox in ATT email... I want to bring the emails into ATT using POP  and for some reason ATT's new format does not save the port override for the other email account or the password.  Ihave two other accounts I want to bring into my ATT because they are used o a website and should anyone make a request for show booking on one, or comment about the blog stories on the other, I have a folder set up for each to go into so I know right away which sit it came from...   if I put ATT into the Basic format,  this POP way of bringing in email works...  if I'm in this new format we have now... it don't work.    

I now have someone who has elevated the problem to the Yahoo programmers... he was able to duplicate the problem.  I hope they will fix... IF they have some good programmers, they should be able to fix it... if it works in Basic but not in the new format, it seems to me that something is missing in the program language. 

thanks for reply... 

Barbara

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.