Explore & discover

Helpful Links

sbcglobal.net login

Contributor

sbcglobal.net login

I am trying to log in to my account.  But when I insert my login ID instead of being able to insert my password I am ushered to a page to suggesting I've forgotten my password.  Therefore I can't log in after changing my password now twice.  [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]screenshot_20180227_124124.jpg

Message 1 of 18
Contributor

Re: sbcglobal.net login

Spoiler

I did use the @ sign

Message 2 of 18
Contributor

message told me my password had changed use it and sign in. I don't know the password

Message 3 of 18
Contributor

Did you ever get this problem resolved? Others have had the same issue.   

Message 4 of 18
Contributor

Anyone get a resolution to this issue?

Message 5 of 18
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎11-28-2018 1:59 PM

Not sure what the OP was entering but in that picture (which comes from Forgot ID/Password) the "user id" is the entire email address whose password you are trying to change.  Here's most of the procedure for that page when you go to it:

1. The big radio button next to Password is highlighted indication you want to change your password.
  2. You enter your email address and your last name and click the continue button.
  3. The page with the title "Select reset method" is displayed.
  4. You choose temporary password or security questions.
  5. If you choose temporary password you are given the choice to send to an recovery email address, a text message, or if you click more options snail mail to your billing address.  If you choose your security questions it shows places to answer the two questions.  This is the easier of the two methods.
  6. If you chose temp password it is sent to what your chose (recovery email address, text, or snail mail).  For recovery email address an email is sent to it with a option to sign in.  At that point you can create a permanent password.  Didn't check the other options.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 18
Contributor

I've gone through that process, but I don't get the option to change the password. I'm asked for my security questions, which were set over 20 years ago and I don't remember the correct answers (at least according to ATT). So now what?

Message 7 of 18
Tutor

Cannot get into my sbcglobal account 

Message 8 of 18
Tutor

Cannot get into sbcglobal email locked out

Message 9 of 18
Contributor

all of a sudden i am unable to log in to my yahoo account with my @sbcglobal.net. i know my password is correct, same password for over 20 years. so now when i go to search with my email address and last name, says has no record of my email or last name.  that's funny, because ATT sends my bill to my sbcglobal email address. so how about someone actually really help the ones that need to have access to their email account.

Message 10 of 18
Contributor

I had to go into the store and now have a new password.
Message 11 of 18

You have to reset your account password in order to get its access again. Visit the att page and then enter your details User ID and password. Below are the mentioned steps which will help you in resetting the password for your email account.

1. Visit the sbcglobal.net Forgot Password page.
  2. Select Password.
  3. Enter your full sbcglobal.net email address and your last name.
  4. Select Continue.
  5. From the drop-down menu, select I'll answer my security questions.
  6. Answer the security questions that you set for your account.
  7. Select Continue.
  8. Add a new password
  9. Select Enter
  10. Done.

Other option is to recover sbcglobal.net email password and then change the password. If still the problem exists, then you have to contact the ATT support chat. 

Message 12 of 18
Highlighted
Contributor

Either ATT or Yahoo is really messing up.  I too had a password reject out of the blue after 5 years  of usage.  My error message didn't  specify a password rejection, but said I could not log into the server although my email client (other than yahoo email) was able to connect to pop.att.yahoo.com.   I was able to jump all the challenges in order to change my password, and my problem was solved - for one week.   Now the same issue is back where my email connects but cannot get access to the server for mail delivery or dispatch.  I'd like to dispatch the yahoos who screwed up a good thing.   Wishing us all good luck on this problem and encourage our controllers to FIX THE BAD SERVICE in this regard. 2/18/2019

Message 13 of 18
ACE - Expert

@dmarjdmarj said:

Either ATT or Yahoo is really messing up. I too had a password reject out of the blue after 5 years of usage.

If you have a legacy account, which I assume you do since you are posting in a thread about sbcglobal.net login problems, then att and yahoo attempted (and I think still attempting) to unmerge the accounts from yahoo and apparently passwords didn't make it through the unmerge correctly for many legacy account users.  So if it doesn't work, try changing.

My error message didn't specify a password rejection, but said I could not log into the server although my email client (other than yahoo email) was able to connect to pop.att.yahoo.com.

And you are still using the yahoo servers because...?Man Surprised  You should be using the att/yahoo servers defined here for your email clients.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 18
Contributor

Thanks for a prompt response.  I really appreciate it, and the
background story, and the server recommendation.   How is a user to know
that an email server address is being swapped?  Not much consumer
courtesy there. But your courtesy has gone a long way to counter the
ill-will with good-will. Best to You, DG

Someone Gave You Kudo.
Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support