Protect yourself online
mrhammon's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2018 5:11 AM

sbcglobal.net email account

I am trying to retrieve my emails from my sbcglobal.net email account after uploading to my new phone.

I have ATT for internet and want to keep the sbcglobal email address.  How do I retrieve my password without it going to my email address for a hint.  I can't get in it, so how does that make sense? I went to the sprint store today and they helped me reset it, but when i type in the new password, it doesn't recognize it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

You cannot "retrieve" a password, only change it.

Forgot ID/Password

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T will not reset my password to a legacy account I setup over ten years ago. I don't remember the phone number associated with the account or my security questions.  Does anyone know if there is a back door? 

Thanks for your time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can't even change hubby's.  He has had longer than when asked 2 step verification, so can get past those questions!!  Spent 45 min on phone with ATT, who said this is not an active account. Finally gave me a number to call.  Email has worked fine for years, and all of a sudden quit after downloading early today via Entourage (Office for Mac).  Can't retrieve, and can't log in to web mail either.  If we can ever get today's, will definitely set up a new one. Very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thee same thing happened to me today.  What was the telephone number they asked you to call.  I was told to gat a new email account either gmail or yahoo.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

877-267-2988

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If you can't access your email, what good does it do to have a temporary password sent to the account you cannot access?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Exactly. No help at all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was told to pay Hundreds of dollars for security to turn it back on

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

how do i change email password

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same problem on my hp laptop but not my at&t  android or my ipad!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.