Protect yourself online
dogcody's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, April 13th, 2017 2:18 PM

password sbcglobal old account why cant you access to reset

my password was changed without my permission, probably hacked, and I do not know what it is now. After many hrs with at&t over 3 days I was finally told there was nothing they could do by your tec support cause it's a old account that was created when you still own'd Uverse.

My understanding is that sbcglobal is still under at&t (a sub account). So how can you drop user support???????????

I cant sign in cause I don't know the password, therefore I cant reset it. You say u cant reset/ or give me a temp password so that I can reset it.

My account is non accessible now and im screw'd by AT&T!!!!!!!

Guru

• 

462 Messages

7 years ago

Since you do not have an active uverse service anymore, you can call Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988(option 1 then 5). That is the department that can assist to reset password for your email account.  Robot Happy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

These are the people that said that they could no do anything!!!!! Just kept getting transfer'ed to other area's within at&t. At least 5 other area's, transfer after transfer with no results!!!!!
Your response,Since you do not have an active uverse service anymore, you can call Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988(option 1 then 5). That is the department that can assist to reset password for your email account.  

##- Please type your reply above this line !!!!!-##

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

These are the people that said that they could no do anything!!!!! Just kept getting transfer'ed to other area's within at&t. At least 5 other area's, transfer after transfer with no results!!!!!
Your response,Since you do not have an active uverse service anymore, you can call Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988(option 1 then 5). That is the department that can assist to reset password for your email account.  

##- Please type your reply above this line !!!!!-##

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

ZERO HELP!!!!! after wasting my time, probably 6-8 hrs of just getting transferred for 3 days. Last person I talked to there was rude, hard to understand because of accent, and basically useless. I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AT&T again. Basically said I'm a uverse customer of frontier now, and you don't support SBCGLOBAL any more. (, it's still your sub-account, so I don't get it). Customer support is a joke!!!!

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@dogcody

I believe there is a breakdown in communication. What they are trying to tell you is that your email address is no longer tied to active subscription. When an account is no longer with AT&T and the email address becomes a free address. Once the email address becomes free then we are no longer obligated to support it, which is why this should have been resolved through the digital access center as mentioned above. However, if you were one of those that became a frontier customer then not sure if they have the tools to help you. 

Regardless, I believe that I can help you. Shoot me a private message with the email address you are having troubles with.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

NO help at all from u people, after 8-10 hrs thru 3 days, was told old account and could not be reset

Even though still have sbcglobal as a sub acct, so why is there no support. Just for a reset/ or tmp password to be sent to me and you cant't do that???????

Never will do business with AT&T and rest assured will advise anyone I know to do the same.. u should change the name of tech support to NO teck support.

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@dogcody

Re-read my post, I told you why the support line couldn't help you. And then I said that I CAN HELP YOU, but I need you to send me a private message with the email address in question.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hey ATTDSLCare,

You still alive?  I have an sbcglobal email address that it locked as well!

D

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.