For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
PeteWashington's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2018 3:38 AM

inbound.att.net is not responding

I have a ATT/Yahoo email address. The inbound.att.net server is not responding. I have tried pinging it with 3rd party connection sites (is it down and web site down) neither can connect to it. Is it down says that it may be down for a week. Any one know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Pete 

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

x,  Perhaps you've forgotten, but the method of securing the password has been discussed a few times already.

That is not the problem.  The problem is intermittent outage by AT&T.

. . . . .   Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

s,  for most of us, the outages are intermittent.  POP still works fine except during the AT&T outages.

. . . .   Pete

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

What's so bloody aggravating is that my email client, Thunderbird, is set up with two identical accounts (except for name and password), one in my name and one in my wife's name.  This stupid problem has been occurring on my account for two days now, although it did mysteriously begin working yesterday afternoon and is now giving the same  message again today, "Sending of password for user *******@bellsouth.net did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later." and refusing to load down emails for my account.  On her account there has been no problem.  I sometimes get the idea that AT&T would rather I take my business elsewhere.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

mark, next time it will probably be your wife's access that has
problems. AT&T is choosing to let their unreliable service be
intermittently a problem for whomever is the victim at any given time.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Great.  Seems like par for the course with AT&T the last few years.   I'm sure you are right.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was having the same issue this morning. I'm a long time Thunderbird user with a bellsouth.net address.  I regularly use the Yahoo web interface for pre-checking email and managing the spam filtering but then download the email with POP3.  Except today, I was receiving a server error from inbound.att.net.  I had to pass through a few folks before I found someone with an answer.  Login into webmail, hover over your name in the upper right corner and click the account info link, login into your account and select account security on the left menu.  It was explained to me that going through these motions will reestablish the links needed for one to be able to retrieve email with POP3.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

The outages seem to be occurring more often the past few days. Since SO
FAR they seem to clear up fairly soon, I'll hold off before tying your
solution.

Thanks for contributing.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

This problem seems to be an everyday occurrence now, as it has been happening daily for about a week now.  Today, for example, it has not been working at all.  It doesn't appear to be affecting webmail access, just access by an email client.  In my case, I use Thunderbird.  AT&T doesn't appear to be very interested in resolving the problem.  How much loss of their client base will it take for them to address this problem in a serious manner?  I suppose only time will tell, but I don't know how much more time I want to waste on them.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

AT&T has (at least for the past 10 years) "pushed" web-mail and doesn't "provide support" for clients.  Doesn't seem to have hurt them much.  Most people who care about a good e-mail experience seem to avoid ISP-provided e-mail to begin with.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

It's evident (obvious?) that AT&T doesn't care about our difficulties
due to their poor service on this issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.