Protect yourself online
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 2:43 PM

inbound.att.net is not responding (renewed)

The ATT Moderator apparently, despite numerous requests, refuses to remove the "Solved" flag on the prior 8-page, 108-message thread...

inbound.att.net is not responding

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/inbound-att-net-is-not-responding/td-p/5392045

Thus, this thread is created to reopen this important issue as the problem is still recurring.  Oftentimes "inbound.att.net" is not responding thereby making email retrieval via client impossible.

. . . . .   Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_

Sorry I struck a nerve with you.  I had no idea you were anything other than a user like the rest of us.

My point was and is that the problem still exists.

Your interaction and dialogue relative to all of this have been (and are) appreciated.

. . . .  Pete

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Yup, a user just like you.  You might want to take a quick glace at the Community How-To -> Community Basics. 

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_

I could remove the flag

The "Solved" flag reportedly was set by AT&T so I don't see how you can change it.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I can, but I have only rarely have ever done it (maybe less than 5 times) and never to a post done by an att representative so I am not going to start now.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_

If you're interested, there are still reports besides min in the prior (un)Solved thread bout the problem recurring.

. . . .   Pete

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I Just found the renewed thread, I posted to the older solved thread:

The problem is still occurring on my wife's POP3 email ,(windows 7,Seamonky email)I can log on to her web email but every time she tries to get her mail on her computer it says "server error try later" she only knows how to get her POP3 email. Has it been changed to Imap or something? I have a friend down the road and he just got ATT DSL windows 7 ,Windows live mail POP3 and is having the same problem. I have had the sbcglobal.net email addresses for about 10 years, My wife never had any problems until this year. She is mad at me and expects me to fix it in a few min. I have checked and re checked everything. We were DSL users until last year and switched to spectrum cable and I was told we could keep our address's since we were in good standing when we canceled our service. My wife insists on using POP 3 and it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I don't have any problem logging into her or my web mail , just her pop3, I extended the time out longer and it didn't help. I thought I found something by logging into her web mail her pop3 started working but it must have been a fluke.  I tried to log into ATT. com to reset her email and now my ID and password don't work any more. Yahoo tells you to go to ATT. com to reset it. I will welcome any solution.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I check for new threads and thread updates daily and I think I saw some updates in that thread this morning. 

• 

6 Messages

I'm surprised that this thread is still open.

I have been having the same problems with timeouts and SSL negotiation failures (not certificate failures) trying to access my att.net email until this week. Now I can no longer use my email client, and have to rely on getting my mail with my browser. That really (Edited per community guidelines), especially on long threads with a lot of users.

Most interesting is that right now I can't log into the pop3 server, but I can send email through the SMTP server. Two weeks ago, I could receive mail, but not send it. Go figure. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use my old passwords or the AT&T secure keys with my Eudora client. The results are the same. Back when I could both send and receive, I was able to use either passwords or the AT&T secure keys, meaning that AT&T wasn't blocking non-encrypted passwords. How alarming is that?

(edited)

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Yes, the problem posed in the numrous messages is still occurring which is a big annoyance.

I can still access my email using my client whenever the problem is not occurring.

. . . . Pete

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have been having the same problem for months.  I have a @bellsouthnet address.  No help from AT&T.  I wasn't going to the paid support site to pay for someone else to tell me it's my Thunderbird.  I have a Nook and I get the same connection error and it doesn't use Thunderbird.

Does anyone know if there are any diagnostic tools available that could help narrow down the issue?  I have been scouring the net but have not found anything that would help.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@KenMitchel

Ken, the problem surely lies with AT&T and only AT&T can investigate and provide a remedy.  It's probably a skitzy server.

. . . . .  Pete

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It's obvious that AT&T doesn't care.  This has been going on for months and I have noticed it has gotten worse for me in the last several weeks.  Does it only affect those with legacy email addresses (@bellsouth.net) or does it affect everyone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.