Explore & discover

Helpful Links

how to block all emails from ....de (germany)?

Highlighted
Contributor

how to block all emails from ....de (germany)?

Since two weeks ago, every day I get 15-20 emails from  " cbd@ …..de" (Germany).   Each address is different.  How to stop this?  Can I block all emails from ...de (Germany)?

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎07-23-2018 11:58 AM

Re: how to block all emails from ....de (germany)?

If they are already going into the spam folder then no, you cannot block them.  If they are getting into your inbox, since the From addresses are all different you still cannot block them but you can keep them from getting into your inbox.  Set up a filter (gear->settings->filters) that matches a From address that ends with .de and move matches to the spam or trash mailbox.  If the entire email domain was the same like @foo.de then you could block the entire domain using Blocked Addresses instead of a filter by just specifying that entire domain.  Those would never get into any mailbox and would be quietly rejected.  But to repeat none of this is possible if the stuff is already being filtered as spam by the yahoo spam filters since they take precedence over user settings.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 12
Tutor

You need to offer a way to block a domain regardless of where the emails go. I'm tired of clearing my spam folder daily due to all the *.de spam emails that have recently started arriving. 

Message 3 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jisan63
‎07-27-2018 12:45 PM

@rclark_1 - You can block a entire domain with blocked addresses.  You just can't specify any pattern matching to block based on a portion of a domain.  But to repeat even that isn't possible if the spam filters get their grubby little hands on the email first.   At least the spam automatically ages out (30 days or so).

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 12
Contributor

Could we ALL set up an automatic (blank) reply to these ".de" emails so that they would be continuously inundated by worthless blank replies?

Message 5 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jisan63
‎08-09-2018 2:07 PM

@keoweela - Not with yahoo email you can't.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 12
Contributor

AT&T FILTERS were designed to SORT incoming emails into FOLDERS you create in the Folders section to the left.  For example you create a folder called "Tree" and set up your filter to sort all incoming emails from "Tree" into a folder named Tree.  This saves me many hours of searching for an email from a person, place, or thing.

These filters require four (4) conditions to all be "TRUE" before the message is moved to a folder.  If all four conditions are not met, the message will not be moved.   This is true regardless if the message has been marked as SPAM by AT&T and/or you before a new message is received.  Setup of the filter is almost simple and literal (which means exact).

Here is how to setup a FILTER for the random SPAM from the cbd (Cannibus in Germany).

1. Go to the Gear > then Settings > then Filters
2. At the top click Add
3. At the top, give your filter a name such as < CBD Spam Filter >

4. On the From Line Drop Down Box, Select contains  This may already be selected.
5. On the From Line box enter cbd@   Use only these 4 characters exactly
6. Do not enter anything else and no enter key. Do not click Match Case Box.

7. On the To/CC Line Drop Down Box, Select contains  This may already be selected.
8. On the To/CC Line box enter your email address exactly, no typos.
9. Do not enter anything else and no enter key. Do not click Match Case Box.

10.On the Subject Line Drop Down Box, Select contains. This may already be selected.
11.On the Subject Line box type the letter a <lower case>
12. Do not enter anything else and no enter key
13.On the Subject Line Do Not Check the box next to Match Case.

14.On the Body Line Drop Down Box, Select contains. This may already be selected.
15.On the Body Line box type the letter a <lower case>
16.Do not enter anything else and no enter key
17.On the Body Line Do Not Check the box next to Match Case.

18. At the bottom of the form In the Drop down menu select TRASH This may
already be selected.

19. SAVE this setup.

20. In the Settings Menu - SAVE this setup again

Note:  I found one message that did not have an "a" in the subject line.  You can make
another filter exactly the same except change the "a" in the subject box to an "e".
Use vowels (a, e, i, or u) only. AT&T needs to add the function "ANY" to the drop
down boxes for Subject and Body.

You can use the same filter elements and change the FROM info as an example to any
email address by copying the senders email to the right of the "@".
Example: @click2learn.com  Find anything common in spam email address.
Do not open the email.  You can view the Raw Message if desired.

The filter may take some period of time to Start working.  This type of filtering seems to

work on any emails in your SPAM folder.

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 12
ACE - Expert

@Keith1889 said:

This type of filtering seems to work on any emails in your SPAM folder.

I don't know what makes you think that but I'll repeat what I said in my post 4 above since apparently it is worth repeating and hasn't sunk in...

The att/yahoo spam filters have precedence of any user defined settings (for example user defined filters or blocked addresses) so there is nothing you can define (like your own filters) that's going to have any effect on those (i.e., you cannot override them).  Any email not considered as spam by the spam filters is passed on for user defined settings to operate on (like user defined filters and blocked addresses).  The only thing you can do with spam in the spam box that is not actually spam is try to train the spam filters that that email is not spam by flagging it as such.   If you do it repeatedly on each new item them hopefully eventually it won't treat that email as spam...some day!  But there is nothing you can do about real spam that got detected as such and was correctly placed in the spam box (well other than complain to various official organizations like the FCC, etc. and perhaps yahoo too).

I haven't said it for a while but att/yahoo spam filters know better than you what is and is not spam in your own email! (that's sarcasm if it's not obvious)

Message 8 of 12
Contributor

I will try this as I have reached the point of my wanting to try anything including VOODO.  I've received, at one time, 329 e-mails from "cbd".  This doesn't include the OTHER days I have

received anywhere from 75 to over 400 e-mails that end up in the spam folder.  Will update this later if this approach works.

Message 9 of 12
ACE - Expert

Before this thread goes any further with the cbd stuff there's already another long thread on that specific spammer in this other thread.

Message 10 of 12
Contributor

Nice SPAM filter, but doesn't work when there is no text in the body, just images or whatever, including images of text.

Message 11 of 12
Contributor

I did this already.  I used filter From cbd, put in trash.  YET, I get at least 25 to 30 emails a day from CBD@.  

I get the same emails from Vivant, CBD, renewalbyandersen, toe fungus.  WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE FILTERS, BLOCKERS AND SPAM THAT WORK WITH THESE EMAILS

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support