Protect yourself online
JJL111's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 11:23 PM

email sent folder shows all from: "me"

In my 'sent' emails - all show from 'me'.

Used to show to whom sent = better info.

Tried the 'view' option = no 'to whom' sent option.

Thanks, John

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

aviewer, thank you soooo much for your response. I just spent half an hour on live chat with tech support and ATT TechConnect and no one knew the answer. This was too simple for them not to know. I hate the new email format. Everything was working fine until they changed it. Never fails that "new and improved" isn't.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Agree - can no longer manage emails with your system

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

The "conversations" view is a trend in e-mail clients. Almost all e-mail clients did not have such a view until recently.

Google started it on GMail, and then Microsoft added it in Outlook 2013. AT&T had to follow suit, because some people really like that view.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same problem here

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

9 years ago

This must be an ongoning problem with ATT because it comes and goes at will. I have unchecked and check conversation option. It will show my company as sender and then within a half of a second convert back to ME. This started AGAIN this morning. When I logged on everything was fine then on a refresh "Boom". Going to basic is ridiculous and really does not solve anything except make the use of email more difficult. 

What is the REAL solution to this problem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

this problem just returned out of the blue (Oct 7) and deselecting "Enable Conversations" has no effect.

Email interfaces would seem to be a very mature piece of programming, being that the functionality hasn't changed much at all for nearly 20 years.   When the programmers are tinkering with these functions, wouldn't it be a good idea to test it in a sandbox system instead of on the mail servers?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi there,

Did your get the answer to your question.

I've got the same stupid problem.  The first column in the Sent folder shows "me" as a recipient.

Please, let me know.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

The situation is exactly the opposite of your solution. When Conversations are enabled, the recipients name shows up in the first column of the SENT folder. When Conversations are not enabled, the "me" shows up in every email. Oddly, if you hover over a "me", the name appears!

I hate Conversations. I like some of the features of the "New and Improved" version, such as colors, fonts, etc. Why was this fouled up in the first place...is everything Beta!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

This just happened to me - hope its a temp glitch by att.
Will wait a day or two to see if self fixes. If not: -

An answer was given by another guy a few months ago =
go to settings wheel at top right of em page + adjust.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

There is no such option!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.