For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
JJL111's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 11:23 PM

email sent folder shows all from: "me"

In my 'sent' emails - all show from 'me'.

Used to show to whom sent = better info.

Tried the 'view' option = no 'to whom' sent option.

Thanks, John

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

10 years ago

Yes It does solve it--I did that and then clicked save and it DID NOT save. Solved only for that one session and that one tab after that it is keep changing it to the basic over and over again - I dont understand that once it is saved why is it not saved?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Mariana:

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with customer service yesterday and he said it couldn't be changed.  I can't imagine this is true. When switching to Basic, I lose all of the new features.  Also, when clicking on the gear, "Sender's Info" is not an option on my computer under settings.  Please update us on a fix or if there is a plan to fix.  It makes no sense!  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

After the latest changes to the ATT yahoo email web page, the Sent folder displays the Sender (Me) in the first column instead of the Recipient if there has been no reply. I KNOW that I sent it. This makes it difficult to find a specific Sent email at a glance. Any way to change that?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Try changing your Sent folder view settings: Go to Sent - View - Sort By - Recipient. Please let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

And why would that not be the default in the "Sent" folder?   Why do people have to hunt under rocks to get what every other e-mail program does by default?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

New Mail:

In my Sent folder I see recipient names, not Me. I did nothing to make this happen.  Not using "basic".  It was "stock" for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

In the "Sent" folder. I cannot see the name of the person I sent the email to.  I see the word "me".  This signifies that I was the one that sent the email. 

I don't want to see that I sent the email, I know I sent the email.  I want to see the name of the person I sent the email to.  I want to be able to sort the emails in the Sent folder by recipient.  I used to be able to do this.  The person I talked to on the phone said "well, this is the way it works now.".

I hope no one thinks this is a good answer.  I hope no one thinks this function is useless.  I don't want to go through each and every email in the Sent folder to fine the one I'm looking for.

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Does anyone at AT&T see the problem?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@KMorganWork wrote:

In the "Sent" folder. I cannot see the name of the person I sent the email to.  I see the word "me".  This signifies that I was the one that sent the email. 

I don't want to see that I sent the email, I know I sent the email.  I want to see the name of the person I sent the email to.  I want to be able to sort the emails in the Sent folder by recipient.  I used to be able to do this.  The person I talked to on the phone said "well, this is the way it works now.".

I hope no one thinks this is a good answer.  I hope no one thinks this function is useless.  I don't want to go through each and every email in the Sent folder to fine the one I'm looking for.

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Is this the one?  No

Does anyone at AT&T see the problem?

Try this:

Gear icon ---- Settings ---- uncheck "Enable Conversations"

I have this uncheckded and I do NOT see "me" in my sent folder.  I am NOT using Basic as was suggested in a note above.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

You are in 'advanced email'. Go to top right gear icon - click + click 'settings' +

at bottom click 'basic email' - this will show 'sent to' instead of 'me'. Good luck.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@JJL111 wrote:

You are in 'advanced email'. Go to top right gear icon - click + click 'settings' +

at bottom click 'basic email' - this will show 'sent to' instead of 'me'. Good luck.

Switching to Basic isn't the only way to fix the "Me" problem, unless you want to lose other features.

Uncheck "Enable Conversations" in settings.  No more "Me" in the sent folder.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.