Protect yourself online
tisme's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 28th, 2013 7:20 PM

email log in is this normal

With regards to att.net email, I am wondering if it is normal to get a pop up asking for you email login and password every two weeks

I am not actually a customer, but am concerned for a stubborn relative.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@tisme wrote:

With regards to att.net email, I am wondering if it is normal to get a pop up asking for you email login and password every two weeks

I am not actually a customer, but am concerned for a stubborn relative.

Thank you.

tisme,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have never encountered a pop up wanting me to sign in to my email. Is it possible, yes but I wouldn't click it myself. Is your relative signed in when this happens, or have they signed in with the wrong information possibly? I have included a link to ATT pop up blocker and a link to check if the email has been compromised already.

ATT pop up blocker

Email has been possibly compromised

James

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi James,

Thank you so much for responding to my question.  From what I can tell, the pop up happens when she goes on her computer, I think she turns it off when she is not using it and I am not 100% sure, but I think she may be using a wireless connection.  (She is actually the one in California).  I know the last time she got this pop up thing she did her log on, but realized she forgot to put the att.net and had already hit the button and now she can't access her email at all and says she will have to wait 2 weeks until it pops up again.  I personally do not have att email and am not real familiar with it, but that just popped red flags all over to me.  What is her best course of action at this point?

She seems to think that there is nothing wrong, but you know how moms are.  At least now she maybe she will listen.

Thank you again. 

Terry

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.