Protect yourself online
ellenonnet's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 10th, 2013 10:02 PM

email in Windows 8

Can anyone tell me how to set up a Windows 8 laptop to use att.net as the default email? I normally access email though an Android tablet at a public site (Starbucks etc) and have it set up to auto login  with the email icon. When using my laptop, I have to access through  Bing or Google through att.net and put my password in. This lets me read email, but does not allow me to delete messages. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

From Microsoft:

Set up Mail and add contacts

See email from Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other accounts

To see email from different accounts in the Mail app, you need to add them.

1. On Start, tap or click Mail.

2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)

3. Tap or click Accounts.

4. Tap or click Add an account, choose the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

The Mail app doesn't support email accounts that use POP (Post Office Protocol). To get these accounts in Mail, see Using email accounts over POP on Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.

This site provides settings needed to set up your email: Email Server Settings

I would try to set up as SMTP. An other option is to use Outlook or another email client, like Thunderbird.

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Since I am now on Windows 10, the original question from over 2 years ago is moot.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.