cannot get my att.net email account to display under Internet Explorer

Tutor

cannot get my att.net email account to display under Internet Explorer

my new att.net email account displays well in Chrome, with 3 new messages; however when i try to copy the url for it to my internet explorer browser, it converts to my old yahoo mail account with over 10000 messages in the inbox; i would like to be able to use att.net under IE, but cant get it to display..

Message 1 of 8 (4,219 Views)
Employee

Re: cannot get my att.net email account to display under Internet Explorer

Do you see 1000's unread email just switching between the browsers ?

Strange !

It could be that you have saved a different Yahoo email profile on IE browser. Check if you are logged in to the same email address..

Try deleting the saved passwords/ cache/cookies on IE and then relogin to your email.

Let know if that helped.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (4,216 Views)
Tutor

yes, signing out of yahoo mail allowed me to sign into my att.net account...however, now i cannot sign back into my yahoo email account...even the big 'Y" shortcut to yahoo mail on my toolbar now links to my att.net email account...moreover, i now find i cannot open yahoo mail under Chrome either; as long as i'm signed into att.net, i cannot get to yahoo (which, by the way, is where i'm receiving replies to this thread)

anyone have any ideas on how i could have both email accounts open at the same time on the same browswer?

Message 3 of 8 (4,200 Views)
ACE - Expert

rjsigmund - I believe the problem you describe has always been there & no way to open both at the same time.

If you open the att account & click on the gear - upper right - & select mail options & mail accounts you can add the Yahoo account so that when you are accessing att you can view both accounts.

You can also do this with e-mail software on your computer. I have six accounts merged in my macmail.

You can also open a gmail account & download all your stuff from the other two & set the two to forward to the single gmail or even two separate gmail accounts.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (4,193 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author rjsigmund
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I agree.  AT&T's e-mail is serviced by Yahoo, so basically you have two different Yahoo accounts.  Yahoo stores a cookie to remember who is logged in, and that cookie will only hold one of those accounts.

Your best option would be to use a different browser for each.  Another option may be to use InPrivate browsing (cog, Safety>InPrivate...) for one of the two accounts, thought I'm not convinced this does what it is supposed to do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8 (4,181 Views)
Tutor

ok, aviewer, i can see how merging the two accounts is done...that doesnt really achieve what i had hoped for, though, which was a seperate email account with its own inbox...as i noted in opening, i receive all kinds of mail in my yahoo inbox - newsletters, poems, subscriptions, various account information and the like, but very little personal mail; most of my immediate daily exchanges are through gmail, & i get to the yahoo inbox when time permits...just thought it would be nice to have another uncluttered inbox to use to further segregate my communications...

Message 6 of 8 (4,180 Views)
ACE - Expert

rjsigmund - I understand. Just trying to give you something.

What you want to do is the purpose of macmail and outlook, You can view the accounts separately or together
Message 7 of 8 (4,176 Views)
Tutor

jeffer, now that i understand what the issue is, i agree that i'll probably have to opt for using two browsers side by side to use both accounts regularly...since i do most of the time anyhow, that wont be too much trouble, except in that i try to keep my chrome browser uncluttered..

Message 8 of 8 (4,176 Views)