Explore & discover

Helpful Links

bellsouth.net email account and Yahoo

Highlighted
Contributor

bellsouth.net email account and Yahoo

I am no longer an AT&T customer; however, I have been able to access my bellsouth.net account through Yahoo.  I can no longer access the account without going through AT&T and agreeing to terms, conditions and fees.  

Have things changed? Will I no longer be able to access this account, and why was I not notified?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DrBrown
‎07-11-2019 8:28 AM

Re: bellsouth.net email account and Yahoo

Since bellsouth.net is an att email account you are expected to log in through att's home/portal page, start.att.net, not yahoo's.  Not sure what terms page you are seeing unless it's the one from OATH (not att) that asks you to agree or do later.

Have things changed? Will I no longer be able to access this account, and why was I not notified?

Yes things changed, or are changing.  Att is trying to umerge its accounts from yahoo (and both att and yahoo are doing a pretty bad job of it IMO).  But you should be able to access the account.   It might however require you to change your password (see announcement in upper right of this page).  But no guarantees even that will let you in.  Note, there are lots of threads in these forums with similar problems.

You weren't notified because att never personally notifies users of email changes.  You are just supposed to magically know stuff has changed!Man Frustrated  Or to get more real stumble upon a thread in these forums that just happen to have the same problem and maybe a link to an appropriate att article.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help signing into your bellsouth or sbcglobal email. View Email Help!
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support