active email account suddenly marked inactive - can't log in or change password

Tutor

active email account suddenly marked inactive - can't log in or change password

My Dad's email is suddenly "inactive" and he uses it everyday. I'm assuming this is either because his email got hacked or some glitch with AT&T.  He's spent the last 2+ hours on the phone with his ISP and ATT -  he keeps getting passed to someone else and nothing is resolved. There is no "main" email (not a sub email account) to activate his account. He email was originally sbcglobal and was changed to an ATT email when the bundled these with ATT.  He doesn't get a "bill" from AT&T for internet - and his local ISP said he needs to talk to AT&T because they provide the email. Who does he contact to get his email reactivated.

Message 1 of 3 (524 Views)
Community Manager

Re: active email account suddenly marked inactive - can't log in or change password

Hello, nw321!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear this email address is now inactive. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (475 Views)
Tutor

Re: active email account suddenly marked inactive - can't log in or change password

Thanks for the reply. I was contacted by ATT Social care. They were able to contact my dad and got his email reactivated and password reset. Amazing support - thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)