For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Sammcgo89's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2017 4:11 AM

Yahoo account hacked, can't change password

My account has been hacked and the hacker changed not only my password but my recovery information. When I select the I forgot my password option it brings me to the AT&T page and I get error code 652314. Please help everything I've tried so far to try and get back into my account isn't working, none of the Yahoo help stuff is working either.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

If your Yahoo email is not associated (merged) with an AT&T email,  then AT&T won't be able to help you.

If it's associated, then call the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988, option 1-2-1-5 to get a live person. They might be able to provide you with a temporary password. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have an ATT. e-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WAS HACKED (YES I DO USE YAHOO WITH AN ANOTHER COMPANY.) I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE NUMBER YOU GAVE MANY TIMES AND THEY ALL REFER ME TO YOU SAYING I CAN make a change at this site.   HELP! HELP! PLEASE I JUST WAN TO CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.  I DON'T WANT THE HACKER USING IT ANYMORE !!!!

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

But this isn't really a solution, is it? I am in the same predicament. I called AT&T--they said it was unmerged so I had to work with yahoo. Unfortunately, there is no way to contact yahoo. I have sent them many tweets but they are extremely selective in who they respond to.

My email was working just fine until a month ago when my pw no longer worked, out of the blue. I was able to provide my recovery email and used the code sent there but wasn't able to change the pw. This happened again but now the recovery email is not being recognized and I have some really important information in my emails that I need to retrieve. I don't know why my pw is not being recognized and why my recovery email isn't working. This is the error message I receive when I try to change my password: 

Something isn't working right. Give it some time and try again. (Error code:652314)

Can anyone help with this? Anyone from yahoo? Please...Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I just accepted the last thing as a solution because I got it solved. I had called AT&T and went to the digital assistance and they helped. They had detected fraudulent activity on my account and locked it. So they helped me change the password and everything and get back in.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your message. Were you having a problem with your @att.net email or @yahoo.com email? 
I am so frustrated with all this. I really want to solve this issue. 
Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It was sbcglobal.net email. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sammcgo89 - was it hard to get a the right person to help you?  I call now but apparently Digital Assistance is only open 6 hours a day.  I have the same problem as you.  sbglobal.net account - locked out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.