Protect yourself online
kay1893's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 9:51 PM

Yahoo Mail Update 2012 (c) - Is this legit?

I received this email and wonder if it's legit?? and what I need to do to keep my sbcglobal.net email.

Yahoo Member Service [dandbpawn3@att.net]

Thu 2/23/2012 3:41 AM

Dear Customer,

Due to congestion in all SBC Yahoo! -  user accounts, there shall be a removal exercise of all used and unused SBC Yahoo! -  Accounts. Yahoo! Inc would be shutting down several accounts.

For immediate access, please click here to validate your account:

NB: Failure to to update your Yahoo! account will result to a permanent closure.

Thank you for being a loyal SBC Yahoo! -  Mail user.

We hope you enjoy the newest version of Yahoo! Mail.

David McDowell
Senior Director
Yahoo! Mail Product Management

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

426 Messages

12 years ago

Hi,

We have recently become aware of this e-mail. It was not generated by AT&T, and we believe it is a scam. Please help us track the person responsible for this e-mail by forwarding the message with the Internet headers to: abuse@att.net.

Thank you,

JustinF

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Is Yahoo really trying to take over att.net email? All of a sudden one day all my at&t email was transferred to a Yahoo account. What happened? I had to start my AT&T email from scratch. What is going on? How do I get the Yahoo mail back to. AT&T?

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Also, hover over where it says click here and note this address shows up:grasshopperstreet.com/css/universitymail.html

definately not at&t.

also any mails like this first look at the header info on the mail and google the ip addresses that it

displayes.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

sadly they did

though least now if leave at&t you get to keep your email once it is on the yahoo system.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.