Protect yourself online
katy_rose1984's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 25th, 2012 6:10 PM

Yahoo Mail Password Reset

When I signed up for Uverse a number of months ago, AT&T merged my 15 year old yahoo email account with my At&t ID.  Problem is, the att.net email and yahoo.com email are not truly linked.  My yahoo mail log in password does not match up with my att.net mail password.  I tried setting a new password through the At&t account management site as instructed, but my yahoo password still has not changed.  Ack!  I have spend an hour of my work time trying to change a password on a basic yahoo email account and do not have another hour to waste sitting on the phone trying to contact At&t tech support.  HELP!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I also had this experience, gave up, and now feel the need to change my password and the Yahoo mail interface will not allow me to change the password due to the "merger."  Days invested in this and reached the same conclusion.  The fact that AT&T has no posts at all in this thread and that neither Yahoo nor AT&T are willing to do anything to me suggests a collusion to do something illegal, which is called slamming.  They are holding email accounts hostage illegally.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Pizzasteve510 Thank you for posting!

I'm sorry you're having some problems with your email. Our team can help you with that! Please send a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Miracles happen!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Miracles happen, and after several hours yesterday, getting bounced between AT&T, who insisted it was a Yahoo problem, and Yahoo who insisted it was an AT&T problem....I finally managed to get to Angel in "Web Assistance" department.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Third try... Web Assistance with AT&T is the correct department. Just keep attempting to be cheerful...i managed after 6+ hours to get access to my Yahoo email after having no access for a couple of years. I had gotten my SBC Global ID from one of the other support people and luckily we still had the same phone number so she could verify my account. I had NO idea of what my AT&T ID was as we had gotten rid of cable a couple of years ago. I had to have online chats, email conversations, and 5 hours on the phone with 6 different support people, bUT a real live department is Web Assistance and if you call 1-877-312-5550ext. 4 and ask for the Web Assistance department they can help you...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I too spent many frustating hours last night trying to resolve the same issue.  The Web Assistance number mentioned in the previous reply 1-877-312-5550ext. 4 was the way

to go. 

I found out the problem was that I had two different AT&T log in user names.

I was using the user name associated with att.net /yahoo accounts without success but what I should have done was used the user name I had associated with sbcglobal.net which was an email i had with AT&T before I subscribed to Uverse.

After resettting the password for the correct sbcglobal.net user name I was able to log in to my yahoo email with the same password.

Thanks everyone for the helpful messages.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I keep getting  Authentication is required but it does not accept my password, so how do I get around this Have not had update on email since Aug.26th

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

the link you provided does not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I received a fishing email for a long time, then suddenly my email stopped working and I was unable to send or receive emails. i tried to reach yahoo and Bellsouth but somehow i was not able to reach them then i search my problem in google then i found a couple of website with good articles and i was following them and i got my problem fixed

5 ways to recover yahoo, Bellsouth, sbcglobal  email accounts | Reset

Yahoo Bellsouth Customer Service Phone Number

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.