For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ddroll's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 2:00 AM

Yahoo Email

I wanted to share with the ATT community in the hopes that ATT can put pressure on Yahoo to fix their email format. 

Several months ago, they changed their email system and it is a mess.  I can no longer tell what emails have been replied to or the status as they combine all emails with same subject into 1.  And if I want to reply to 1 of the emails in the conversation thread, it ties ALL of them together so that I don't honestly know what is being sent.  

Additionally it is almost impossible to find attachments or figure out what you've read and haven't read.

Yahoo is so horrible now that I have been a customer of ATT email since the beginning of internet, and I am now going to research other options and give up my email address to get away from Yahoo.

If you have similar issues, please also post so that ATT understands how much of an issue this is.

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

$17.95 a month?  For just email access?

Most domain registrars will sell you your very own internet domain name along with ad-free email service for $12-$15 a year.  And you don't have to continue relying on the overloaded Yahoo mail servers.

Alternatively, you could use AdBlock Plus.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

You're saying the issue is solved? Really? Yahoo is the worst email provider around. It is spam riddled and non-responsive to issues and problems. I know how to mark spam but it continues to come to my iinbox. I even get copies of what's clearly spam in the spam folder as well as in my inbox. It's ridiculous. No other provider I've ever used has this kind of problem with spam or as much spam allowed through at all as Yahoo does. I don't pay Yahoo, but I do pay ATT / Bellsouth and I expect a decent email provider since you chose long ago to stop providing that service yourself... whatever you're paying Yahoo is too much. Please get us a decent email service... we pay for it!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

THANK YOU

I have the same problem, I will try it when mail at att.yahoo is back working as it has been out more off than on for half of the day. kept me from sending an important email and latter when i was able to log on died in the middle of composeing that email.

on weekends and holidays i never know if i will be able to reach my emails on the web site.

also has to have the worst most (stupid)spell checker i have ever seen

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Let us know the fruits of your search. Thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yahoo is not only insecure, I learned today that they sold us out to our evil US Government allowing them access to our e-mails. I have nothing to conceal, but I don't do business with those that are not loyal to me. NSA reads & listens in to most of our communications w/o the help of companies like Yahoo & AT&T, so why are they helping them spy on us??? AT&T can find another email app to handle my e-mail account, or I'll drop AT&T DSL & Landline to boycott Yahoo!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I 100% agree with you. Seems as if they (AT&T) are trying to avoid this conversation. No mention of it or anything. Theys should have at least made an announcement about the Yahoo situation considering the att.net and bellsouth.net accounts are housed under Yahoo. 

Looks like I have to change my email provider as well. If that means dropping my service then so be it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

You have the option with almost any Internet Provider to use an independant e-mail provider.  In fact, I highly recommend it.  I have had an att e-mail address for nearly 7 years now and it still sits unused.  Yahoo could be used as your e-mail provider with or without AT&T, but there's also Outlook.com, Gmail, AOL, and the list goes on and on.

Look at the brightside of the NSA getting all your e-mail.  If you delete one by accident, maybe you could get a copy from the NSA?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

8 years ago

Startmail has some great features that help with fighting spam. They have a free trial version and the full version is around $5 per month. I could describe their features here, but will just say you can have multiple email addresses, both permanent and temporary, which puts control of spam in your hands in cases where you have to give out your email address on the web. BTW, they do have a free trial version, if you're not sure that paying for email is your thing. The trial version has fewer features and less storage space.I also have my Yahoo email set up to dump onto my phone. With both of these you can select 'delete from hub' or 'delete from hub and server.' I love being able to make that choice on each incoming email. It is hard to dump an email you've used for 20+ years overnight, so I am making a slow transition from Yahoo and if something goes wrong with it before I dump it, it won't break my heart or make me feel nonfunctional. Do I really NEED all that history that is saved on their server? No, and I have tried to go through it for any info I do need to keep. It is a trainwreck trying to get into Yahoo from a browser anymore, I almost can't even do it. So if things are going into spam that shouldn't be I wont see it anymore. I suspect with the status of Yahoo as a company now, there is no longer a human being left there who cares about their email mess. (Right, Marissa?) They did such a fine job of wrecking everything that worked, they deserve a prize for forcing their customers to dump them.

You can set up your email to not even be tied up with your carrier as well.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I'm confused. Are you selling sendmail or telling us to change email companies?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Where did my Yahoo email go?!  only see AT&T mail now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.