Protect yourself online
sweetdeb's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 1st, 2019 8:26 AM

Is there a way to shut down YAHOO with out loosing my ATT email?

Is there a way to shut down YAHOO with out loosing my ATT email?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Oh that problem! Man Frustrated  There's lot's of threads where legacy account users like you try to log into the att/yahoo webmail and end up at yahoo.  The first thing you need to try is to change your password (if you can).  One such place is Forgot ID/Password.  If you cannot change your password or even if you do but still have the same problem I suggest calling Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728).

As for using email client apps, they might work but I suspect they won't until you get the account password working on the att/yahoo webmail.  But it's worth a try particularly when you read this page to get the proper email server settings you will see the recommendation to use a secure mail key instead of the password in the client.  Creating one of those and using it in the client means the client doesn't need the account password and thus (hopefully) bypasses the problems involving the it.

Even if this does work you still need to get the webmail login straightened out if for no other reason than you need to occasionally (less than a month) visit the webmail to check the spam folder for false positives (stuff marked as spam that really isn't spam).

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

What do you mean by “shut down yahoo”? Yahoo is the email service provider. Your ATT email is on yahoo servers.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I mean can I separate my yahoo account from my att account? I shared my att email address with yahoo. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If you have an att legacy account (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net) or a @att.net account it is already unmerged (separated) from yahoo.  If you have a yahoo.com account that has nothing to do with att email (or shouldn't).  Not sure what "shared my att email address with yahoo" actually means in this context.  But I will say that the accounting for att email addresses is very fragile (IMO) and there is the potential for confusion if you have both an att account and a yahoo account - at least since the attempted unmerging of the att accounts from yahoo.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Well I only have ------ @swbell.net and everytime I put att.net or if I go through att.com to get to my email, Yahoo - login is where I end up. I do not have Yahoo.com. I only have @swbell.net at the end of my email address. OATH is now Verizon. I just found this. So my account is a mess. I will ask ATTCustomerCare. Maybe take a chance open Outlook get all mail from folders downloaded to my "lapT" & see if that works for my att folders.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.