Protect yourself online
ILoveJesus777's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 7:52 PM

Why do I keep getting a box pop up with an a "busy" message in the new email

I just got switched over to the new email format which I am still getting use to.  Now, I constantly get a box that pops up - it says:  

att.net Mail

We're sorry, but it looks like your external account ********@sbcyahoo.trueswitch2.com is busy. Please try again in a while.

I click "okay" and sometimes the box disappears and email works fine. Sometimes a "settings" box pops up right after I close the error msg box.  All the settings are good as far as I can tell.  I close that box and email works fine for awhile then the message pops up again in 5 or 10 minutes:
"We're sorry, but it looks like your external account *******@sbcyahoo.trueswitch2.com is busy. Please try again in a while."

I tried finding this error message in the help section, but it tells me there are no matches. My email is working when I close the error box, but this pop-up is so irritating. Can anyone tell me how to be rid of it?

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@ILoveJesus777@  wrote:

I just got switched over to the new email format which I am still getting use to.  Now, I constantly get a box that pops up - it says:  

att.net Mail

We're sorry, but it looks like your external account ********@sbcyahoo.trueswitch2.com is busy. Please try again in a while.

I click "okay" and sometimes the box disappears and email works fine. Sometimes a "settings" box pops up right after I close the error msg box.  All the settings are good as far as I can tell.  I close that box and email works fine for awhile then the message pops up again in 5 or 10 minutes:
"We're sorry, but it looks like your external account *******@sbcyahoo.trueswitch2.com is busy. Please try again in a while."

I tried finding this error message in the help section, but it tells me there are no matches. My email is working when I close the error box, but this pop-up is so irritating. Can anyone tell me how to be rid of it?

Thank you for your help!

Did you change your email service to or from AT&T about a year or so ago?

Trueswitch is a utility you would have installed to assist you when you transfered your email account.

They ceased providing software directly to consumers in May of 2013, but it is possible AT&T is using it still to move you to the "New" ATT/Yahoo mail.

You might check your installed programs for Trueswitch and uninstall it.

You could try clearing your browser history, cache, and cookies.

You can also go to your email page, click the little gear in the upper right and choose settings. On the left of the settings page, click on accounts. There it will list your ATT/Yahoo account and below that it will list additional accounts. Is the Trueswitch account listed there? If so you should be able to delete it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Joe,

Thank you for all the suggestions. Thankfully, after changing the theme I had chosen, closing down the browser, and clearing history - it seems to have stopped. I have had this account for over 15 years so I think it is a problem related to ATT switching all of the data over to the new email format. If it starts up again, I will finish your list of suggestions.

Sure appreciate the time you have taken to give me some ideas of what to do.

Cheryl

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@ILoveJesus777@  wrote:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for all the suggestions. Thankfully, after changing the theme I had chosen, closing down the browser, and clearing history - it seems to have stopped. I have had this account for over 15 years so I think it is a problem related to ATT switching all of the data over to the new email format. If it starts up again, I will finish your list of suggestions.

Sure appreciate the time you have taken to give me some ideas of what to do.

Cheryl

No problem at all. Glad to be of assistance.

Be sure to stop back if you have any other isues or questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.