Why can't I move an email into a folder without going out of my email and then coming back in???

Contributor

Why can't I move an email into a folder without going out of my email and then coming back in???

When I want to move a read email into a folder I have created to store it, why won't it move unless I go out of my email altogether and then come back in and it will move?  But I have to do this with each one.

Message 1 of 5
Community Manager

Re: Why can't I move an email into a folder without going out of my email and then coming back in???

Hello @Cap1 

Try just clicking on emails and dragging them to a folder, that works great for me. If you're still having issues, check for any software updates for your browser, Flash and Java plug-ins.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

ATT.net YAHOO E-mail program

Using the ATT/YAHOO E-mail the "Move" function does not work.

Specifically in hte In-Box -- I will select a number of e-mails by checking the box to the left of the E-mail header.  Then go the Drop Down Menu labeled "MOVE"

Select the appropriate folder -- and click on it.

The messages move to that selected folder.

IF I attampt to select and move OTHER e-mails -- using the same process -- NOTHING HAPPENS.

Close the Browser and reopen ATT/YAHOO e-mail -- I can move them -- just the forst time.

After that -- same problem.

Any ideas or a glitch in their programming?

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Re: Why can't I move an email into a folder without going out of my email and then coming back in???

If you can move the e-mails by dragging them, then why is there a tab that is supposed to let you select the folder where you want to move the e-mail?  So, in other words, the new e-mail gave you the choice to make an action that doesn't work, while keeping it a secret as to how you actually perform the action.

Message 4 of 5
Community Manager

I just tried again and I'm able to move them both ways, by dragging and by using a "Move" button, no issues. I'm using Firefox. I recommend checking for the latest updates for Flash and Java.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support