Protect yourself online
Cap1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 7:02 PM

Why can't I move an email into a folder without going out of my email and then coming back in???

When I want to move a read email into a folder I have created to store it, why won't it move unless I go out of my email altogether and then come back in and it will move?  But I have to do this with each one.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Cap1 

Try just clicking on emails and dragging them to a folder, that works great for me. If you're still having issues, check for any software updates for your browser, Flash and Java plug-ins.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Using the ATT/YAHOO E-mail the "Move" function does not work.

Specifically in hte In-Box -- I will select a number of e-mails by checking the box to the left of the E-mail header.  Then go the Drop Down Menu labeled "MOVE"

Select the appropriate folder -- and click on it.

The messages move to that selected folder.

IF I attampt to select and move OTHER e-mails -- using the same process -- NOTHING HAPPENS.

Close the Browser and reopen ATT/YAHOO e-mail -- I can move them -- just the forst time.

After that -- same problem.

Any ideas or a glitch in their programming?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

If you can move the e-mails by dragging them, then why is there a tab that is supposed to let you select the folder where you want to move the e-mail?  So, in other words, the new e-mail gave you the choice to make an action that doesn't work, while keeping it a secret as to how you actually perform the action.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

I just tried again and I'm able to move them both ways, by dragging and by using a "Move" button, no issues. I'm using Firefox. I recommend checking for the latest updates for Flash and Java.

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

I have one (only one) from one person (WITH a Yahoo Account) that will not leave my Inbox. No other eMail does this.

I opened it, read it, moved it to a folder and, the little Banner Popped up saying "Conversation Moved to Folder".

I Didn't Close Yahoo. I opened another Tab, but when I went back to my inbox, it was Back.

(I didn't do everything in the List (Below) at exactly the same time. It's what I tried).

I opened the Next eMail.

I opened another Browser.

I opened another Tab.

I Refreshed the Page.

I closed Yahoo eMail.

I reopened Yahoo eMail.

I closed everything.

I reopened Yahoo eMail again.

I closed Yahoo eMail again.

I shut the Computer down.

I waited a minute.

I Started the Computer.

I opened Yahoo eMail again.

I opened the eMail.

I clicked to move it to the folder, it appears to have left the inbox. The little Banner popped up saying "Conversation Moved to Folder".

I opened said folder and It's there.

I tried to Drag and Drop the same eMail to said folder. The little Banner popped up saying "Conversation Moved to Folder".

I checked the folder and It's there.

I went back to the Yahoo eMail Inbox, Its still there too.

I deleted it,The little Banner popped up saying "Conversation Deleted", and I refreshed the page.

It showed up in the inbox and IT'S still in "IT'S" folder.

SEVERAL Hours later, I Deleted IT again. The little Banner popped up saying "Conversation Deleted", and I refreshed the page. It Finally stayed Deleted from the Inbox and Folder.

I went into the Trash to move it to the Folder I needed it in, But it went into the Inbox too.

I forwarded it to the Ol' Battleaxe's eMail too. As a backup.

11:30PM;

I tried ONE last time to send it to the Folder I needed it in.

It went, BUT, (Again) stayed in the Inbox too.

Right back to square one.

No Yahoo or other eMail does this.

(Windows 7 64 bit and up to date).

I think I did a thorough job listing all of the steps I tried.

It's most likely, a "Third Party Problem" or because of my Sarcasm. When all else fails, including getting a Straight Answer, Sarcasm Prevails. Or does it just become Irksome to the people it's aimed at.

If things worked the way their supposed to, there would be a whole lot less perturbed People in these (So-Called) "Help" pages. I've read a lot of really angry Messages(?) on Yahoo's (So-called) "Help" and Community Forum pages. Yikes!

Someone should be ashamed of themselves. They're not, but they should be.

It couldn't be because Yahoo got Hacked... Nah, that's not it.

How long should it take before Yahoo lets Everyone know?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@kingofa

Your first clue to your problem was the error message "Conversation Moved to Folder".  What the heck does "conversation" mean in conjunction with email?  I never heard of it before.   A little research defined it for yahoo as a grouping of a set of related (?) emails.  And that same research turned up how to enable/disable it since I didn't know if ATT/yahoo email supported it nor where to look for its setting.  Guess what?  It does.

gear -> settings -> viewing email  -> When viewing message lists

A  little more research on moving emails in conversations found this.  Bottom line, disable Conversations.  Move the email message.  And then re-enable again if you still want that feature.

Hope it works for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.