Protect yourself online
JNC057's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 12:36 AM

Why am I receiving thes "sponsered" email spam?

Why am I now receiving this "sponser" email SPAM? This is far from a free email service. Sticking these "sponsered" ads in our email is uncalled for.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Horrible service! I have had service with Bellsouth/ATT for about 40 year and Bellsouth email since they started there email service. I am an retired person and the reason why I have stay with the ATT service was to avoid all the advertising. Since ATT merged with yahoo my email experience is very annoying and more difficult to navigate through, everyday is there is more junk. I have advertising coming from every angle. This is an outrage! It is not me email anymore it is yahoo's to do as they please and all is probable for money. Very disappointed with the ATT service.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yea, I am also not a fan.  I am keeping track of these as a list of people to not do business with, so far I have American Express, creditcards.com, lumosity...

I don't even care that they likely have no control over where there ads are placed. This is getting ridiculous.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

REMOVE THAT LOUSY STUPID AD FROM THE TOP OF MY EMAIL INBOX LIST - NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Mad

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am paying $12 month for 2 email boxes on AT&T. AT&T gives mailboxes away free now but you won't let me convert to the free model.  We have had these email addresses for 20 years. That is the only reason we keep paying.

With this new email browser we get these bothersome advertisements. I opted out of all of our browsers on all of the advert vendors as instructed elsewhere here by AT&T, but that does not stop the adverts.... only advertisers who "play nice".  

I was willing to keep paying my money to AT&T to keep me advert free, but I am not willing to do that anymore if you do not give me a way to stop AT&T from feeding me these adverts.  It is understandable to get adverts if the solution is advert-free.....  but now it is not.  I am not changing to a desktop mail client to download all that email to avoid adverts.

Please give me a way to completely shut off these adverts in this new webmail or we are going to finally make the shift of all email to our gmail accounts. We've been avoiding that for 10 years because of the pain involved.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @KimRoeBiz 

An option to remove adds should be under your settings menu, a gear icon in the upper right corner.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've "opted out" three different ways.

I still see these ads.

I am a paying customer of ATT and I have been for at least 8 years.  If this was a free service I can see trying to generate revinue using advertisements.

I need to know how to turn these off permantely. 

Let's make this happen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I opted out all i could(2 different sites besides yahoo) and there is still a ad at top everytime i load email , this really upsets me , I do not remember comcast's  email having anything like this so if i have to change my email adress (which will be a huge pain) I will also be changing cable/phone/internet provider, at&t is making enough money from us so this is a load!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I also opted out of these sponsored spam messages but they continue to appear in my inbox. Neither Yahoo nor AT&T seem to know how to stop this. AT&T has not said they will advocate for its users who don't want this product. AT&T can't give me a web site so I can complain directly to management. I don't like depending on an AT&T rep forwarding my concern with no way for me to receive feedback about the issue. I will be discontinuing all services with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The sponsored email at the top of the inbox is ridiculous. I guarantee (if the suggestions I've read are any indication) that this change is just too far. I don't care about the advertisements in a side window, but making it look like we have an email when it's just an ad is annoying, at best.
I've had this email address for almost 12 years through AT&T. I pay for my email address through AT&T, yet, for some reason, those that pay for their addresses have to deal with this junk.
I have a Gmail address, a Hotmail address, and a work address in addition to my "Yahoo" address. For some reason, none of those other providers have this stupid "Sponsored" email at the top of the list.
Not only am I now going to change my primary email, but I'm highly tempted to change my ISP as well. Time to start "shopping" I guess... And yes, I have already posted this with Yahoo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.