For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
JNC057's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 12:36 AM

Why am I receiving thes "sponsered" email spam?

Why am I now receiving this "sponser" email SPAM? This is far from a free email service. Sticking these "sponsered" ads in our email is uncalled for.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

They also admit they scan (read) your email for specific words to better target your shopping needs.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Because they are "scanning" your email now to sell the info to marketers. Makes me wonder if they scann my calls as well. They also save all your transmitted pictures for YOUR benifit..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I can’t stand the new email format. More important I’m tired of the sponsored ads in my inbox.  I can’t stand all the ads but can tolerate them but not in my inbox.  It is after all MY inbox.  I want them to go.  How do I get rid of them?  Not using att.net is also an option.  Don’t tell me change is difficult either.  I can change.  I’m just tired of not having some control.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am paying a lot of money for U-verse TV, Internet, and Phone.  I should NOT have to see ads in my email.  IF this continues, I should receive a break on my bill.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I say we threaten this, or we all walk. I've had the same email address for 12 years. It's time for a change. But there is ONE thing we need to keep in mind. The only thing ATT did wrong was get hosted by Yahoo. I'm still angry about that. Those ads are coming from yahoo, as well as the email scanning, and the other crap we blame ATT for. If we could convince them to get their own servers (yeah, right) problem solved

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes.  I HATE it, too.

@KimRoeBiz wrote:

REMOVE THAT LOUSY STUPID AD FROM THE TOP OF MY EMAIL INBOX LIST - NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Mad

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I tried to turn off every ad option I could find and it has not completely worked yet!

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

Oddly enough, twice today the sponsored email briefly disappeared from my inbox and I thought maybe they were doing something about it...but it reappeared a minute later, so I guess it was just (another) glitch with the new email.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Going to the Ad Free mail costs $49.99 per year

It is "Ad" Free not "Add" Free

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

I don't have the new email, but from the tutorial video I noticed there is an option for "Add Free Mail", settings menu is the Gear icon in the upper right corner:

Capture.JPG

Dmitriy

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

New ATT Yahoo mail system: In my INBOX, I began to see since May 27, 2014, messages that show a (looks-like) shining $ (Dollar sign) in the "cubicle-selectable" lefmost col, and the word "SPONSORED" in the VIEW col. Is this a security matter? Never had that in any ATT mail system in my life!

If I get out of IE and re-enter - the message is gone. Refreshing the screen does not cure the problem. Have the most up-to-date McAfee in the world - virus protection is fine.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.