Why am I receiving thes "sponsered" email spam?

Teacher

Why am I receiving thes "sponsered" email spam?

Why am I now receiving this "sponser" email SPAM? This is far from a free email service. Sticking these "sponsered" ads in our email is uncalled for.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 42
Guru

Re: EMAIL INBOX LIST AD

I don't have any such "Ad Free" option.

Message 16 of 42
Contributor

I can't find any such option

Message 17 of 42
Contributor

Re: How do I turn off the ad panel that appears when ever I check my mail?

I can agree with that! I am very disgusted with the ads, and now with this 'new, improved' service the ads are even in my INBOX!
Message 18 of 42

There is no option to stop the advertisements. The employee guy is wrong. You can stop adds tailored to you but you will still get advertisements. Your option to stop the adds is also stored on a cookie. Once you delete cookies you have to do that every time.

******Did you also see where they now SCAN your email for specific words to help advertise to you directly? I wonder if they also think its ok to listen to my calls since it's ok to read my email.

And I pay for that mail box by having AT&T internet and phone. I also have Comcast so ditching AT&T will be easy.

By the end of the month I will have disposed of everything AT&T. There worse than Google now.

How dare they put adds in my in box and read my mail... SHAME SHAME SHAME

Message 19 of 42

Email

Is everyone aware that in addition to placing advertisements in your email they also scan (read) your email for specific words to target your advertisements even more to you? Does anyone believe that's OK?

If you opt out of advertising tailored to you by following all their links you will still get advertisements. Just not tailored for you. But to do even that you must allow a cookie to be stored on your computer. Everyone empties cookies. You have to re-do all opt outs every time you empty cookies. So that's every time I close my browser.

Unless AT&T does a major 180 in a couple days I will have terminated every thing AT&T by the end of the month. Thats landline internet and this crappy working email. All of it.

Reading my email makes AT&T more of a predator than Google. And being worse than google is saying something.

Message 20 of 42
Tutor

Actually there is one way to stop them, and you said it. Change ISPs. And now that ATT is buying Directtv, I feel like I'm doubly screwed. They sure kept that quiet till the last minute. I was just considering doing a bundle thru Directtv, but if it takes me right back to ATT, I may have to consider another ISP.

Message 21 of 42

They also admit they scan (read) your email for specific words to better target your shopping needs.
Message 22 of 42

Re: Why am I receiving thes "sponsered" email spam?

Because they are "scanning" your email now to sell the info to marketers. Makes me wonder if they scann my calls as well. They also save all your transmitted pictures for YOUR benifit..

Message 23 of 42
Contributor

Sponsored ads in my email inbox.

I can’t stand the new email format. More important I’m tired of the sponsored ads in my inbox.  I can’t stand all the ads but can tolerate them but not in my inbox.  It is after all MY inbox.  I want them to go.  How do I get rid of them?  Not using att.net is also an option.  Don’t tell me change is difficult either.  I can change.  I’m just tired of not having some control.

Message 24 of 42
Contributor

I am paying a lot of money for U-verse TV, Internet, and Phone.  I should NOT have to see ads in my email.  IF this continues, I should receive a break on my bill.

Message 25 of 42
Tutor

I say we threaten this, or we all walk. I've had the same email address for 12 years. It's time for a change. But there is ONE thing we need to keep in mind. The only thing ATT did wrong was get hosted by Yahoo. I'm still angry about that. Those ads are coming from yahoo, as well as the email scanning, and the other crap we blame ATT for. If we could convince them to get their own servers (yeah, right) problem solved
Message 26 of 42
Contributor

Yes.  I HATE it, too.

KimRoeBiz wrote:

REMOVE THAT LOUSY STUPID AD FROM THE TOP OF MY EMAIL INBOX LIST - NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Mad

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 27 of 42
Contributor

I tried to turn off every ad option I could find and it has not completely worked yet!

Message 28 of 42
Highlighted
Teacher

Oddly enough, twice today the sponsored email briefly disappeared from my inbox and I thought maybe they were doing something about it...but it reappeared a minute later, so I guess it was just (another) glitch with the new email.

Message 29 of 42
Voyager

Going to the Ad Free mail costs $49.99 per year

It is "Ad" Free not "Add" Free

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

I don't have the new email, but from the tutorial video I noticed there is an option for "Add Free Mail", settings menu is the Gear icon in the upper right corner:

Dmitriy

Message 30 of 42
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support