Protect yourself online
MrWolfman29's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2015 10:27 PM

Closed

Where is the Live Chat support option?

Where is Live Chat for support?  I used to use this all the time and I can no longer seem to get this.  Did they remove it?  I don't have time to always call and devote all of my attention for an hour to try resolving an issue.  This on top of not actually seeing an improvement in my internet speeds after "upgrading" is really making me think about switching providers.....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the replies.  To resolve the issue, I had to totally reset my browser by removing all of Google Chrome's AppData files and reset up my Google Chrome to actually get chat to show up.  I do realize this is not AT&T support, but if the community shows dissatisfaction with how things are, one would hope they would make some change.  Again, thank you everyone for your responses.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @MrWolfman29

Click the link below for the live chat function:

http://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html

Select the appropriate tab if it's not about your internet service.

Look all the way to the right bottom side of the screen. There should be a little blue "Chat Now" button.

Here is a picture to help explain where it is:

large1.gif

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

For me, it is not blue meaning it is not showing up as a hyperlink.
Clearing browsing history and changing browsers did not work.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@MrWolfman29

What are you seeing? Is the button grayed out?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Nope, just black regular text. Tried viewing the source code to find the
link. Not even a "Click Here" or any other option to start a chat.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Tried it in 3 PCs and it did not work. The mobile site does not work the
same way or give a chat option. Just frustrating because I do not have the
time needed to sit on the phone to troubleshoot The issue. Thank you for
the links.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I have to assume he is signed on to an att account when trying the live chat, but I asm wondering if you can reach live chat and NOT be logged into an ATT account.

Tempted to try it, to see what happens.

Yup. have to be logged in to get the chat now "button". 

Does not show up when NOT logged in, but when present, is blue, not greyed out.

SO, not a clue.

I just got it to work without being logged in, so that apparently has no bearing on it either.

Just thought I'd share.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This is the MOST stupid design ever! You guys need to learn basic design and user experience. Consider this as a feedback.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@iloveny wrote:

This is the MOST stupid design ever! You guys need to learn basic design and user experience. Consider this as a feedback.

Please keep in mind, this is a customer to customer forum, and most of us, myself included, can't speak for att in any capacity, and are often learning this just as you are.

There are a few att emplyees who read thru here, and provide limited help and advice in an unoffcial capacity on their own time, but to get anything "official" you need to either call customer service, or send a private message to the social media customer care team. (You can get the link from many other threads and posts. I just don't have it handy.)

And to be honest, MY live chat works. Not a clue why yours does not. But when and if you do find out, please let us know how you resolved it, so others can be helped in the future.

Thanks.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for letting us know how you got the chat working. Weather you know it or not, you helped other customers with your information.

Much appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.