For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
TightlinesinCO's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 9:14 PM

Where can I find a forum for help with AT&T's " ATT.NET " personal email service....??

My email account...with the address of " firstname.lastname@att.net " has stopped working... I'm getting the following error when attempting to access the inbound mail servers from Outlook Express : 

'ERR[SYSTEMP] Server error - Please try again later.',  Port 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92' 

The error message is preceded by a statement that my password was rejected.  I've had the same password forever...  The only thing that has occurred that may have precipitated the lockout...is that I has not used the laptop with OE for a month or so due to travels, etc.  So when I logged on initially there were at least a couple hundred messages to download..  I interrupted the process just before bedtime and shut the system down..   This morning...I am locked out and receiving the above error message..

Like most...my personal email account is widely used ...often for important persona communication...especially with healthcare providers..financial services companies, etc...  

I'm guessing my best bet for getting it working again is via the appropriate forum..

Thanks for any help you can provide..

Denver D

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Can you still log into the webmail through start.att.net with that account and password?  If you can't try changing your password (e.g., Forgot ID/Password).

Besides port 995 are you using the other settings documented here?

Does that error happen 100% of the time or does it work sometimes?

Consider using a secure mail key in your client instead of the account password.  It's mention on the setttings page.  Also read this (which includes a link to how to create a secure mail key).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the assistance..

Your recommendation on the password change resolved the issue.not sure why
it hung up on the prior one..?

D
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.